Product Manager II, Traffic
Mapbox is the leading real-time location platform for a new generation of location-aware businesses. Mapbox is the only platform that equips organizations with the full set of tools to power the navigation of people, packages, and vehicles everywhere. More than 3.9 million registered developers have chosen Mapbox because of the platform’s flexibility, security, and privacy compliance. Organizations use Mapbox applications, data, SDKs, and APIs to create customized and immersive experiences that delight their customers.
What We Do
Mapbox gathers anonymized data from over 700 million monthly active users to create a living map of the world. The Mapbox Telemetry team uses machine learning to extract meaningful information from global scale GPS telemetry data. We create the world’s highest-quality and most up-to-date live traffic and telemetry-derived datasets in order to power Mapbox’s solutions for automotive, logistics, city planning, routing, and more.
What You'll Do
We're looking for a Sr. Product Manager to partner with a passionate group of data and machine learning engineers, internal stakeholders, and external customers to drive key product decisions, manage customer priorities, lead customer conversations, and launch new features. You will own the product roadmap, data sourcing, and monetization of Mapbox Traffic Data and various other high-impact telemetry-derived global data products.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Prioritize and scope out next-generation improvements to the Traffic product for internal and external use cases.
- Partner with a team of data engineers and ML experts to improve the product, enhance models and classifiers, identify and measure quality metrics, build internal product tooling, and engage with internal consumers of traffic.
- Work across the broader Telemetry team to explore and implement new use cases for telemetry data to address customer pain points and unlock new revenue opportunities.
- Deeply understand complex geo-spatial dynamic datasets and define KPIs to measure them in a way that reflects our customer experiences.
- Regularly engage our customers via video conversations, emails, and in person visits (10% travel) to understand their needs, as well as validate our proposed solutions.
- Own pricing and packaging for Telemetry Data product as a standalone SKU (including sales enablement, marketing, customer trials, partnership opportunities).
- Become the product expert for internal and external questions, feedback, and requests about Mapbox Traffic and incidents.
What We Believe are Important Traits for This Role
- 5+ years as a Product Manager: You have seen multiple data products through a full lifecycle of discovery, development, launch, and adoption in the B2B space.
- Customer focus: You care deeply about your customer’s problems with a keen eye towards design and user experience.
- An analytical approach: You have strong data analytics skills and always use data to properly evaluate the quality of your product, as well as guide your next steps.
- Prioritization: You have clear rationale behind the tradeoffs you make and strive to deliver immediate/tangible value to customers.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills: You can communicate about complex ideas concisely to a wide audience (e.g. FAQs and business cases for your roadmap).
- Ownership: You can develop and execute a plan based on high level direction for feature or product development.
- Invent & Simplify: You drive toward the simplest possible solution that drives the most value for customers.
- Technical Chops: You understand and can explain complex technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Go-to-market experience: You have taken your product to market and worked through pricing, packaging.
- Nice-to-haves: Experience working with AI/ML teams and a passion for navigation/mobility/mapping domain space.
What We Value
- In addition to our core values, which are not unique to this position and are necessary for Mapbox leaders:
- We value high-performing creative individuals who dig into problems and opportunities.
- We believe in individuals being their whole selves at work. We commit to this through supportive health care, parental leave, flexibility for the things that come up in life, and innovating on how we think about supporting our people.
- We emphasize an environment of teaching and learning to equip employees with the tools needed to be successful in their function and the company.
- We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team and encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply.
Mapbox is an EEO Employer - Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity