Manager, Software Engineering
Are you passionate about making a positive impact on software development and delivery, as well as, team and employee development? If you enjoy helping teams reach their potential, working on exciting technical challenges and delivering products that save lives, this role may be a great fit for you!
We facilitate the definition, implementation, and validation of the application software within one or more software engineering teams. This position is responsible for both people and product development. People development includes career planning, mentoring, project leadership, and team building for scrum teams. The Manager will partner with product managers and the engineers to facilitate the detailed roadmap for their feature set. They will promote standards and practices within and across teams to balance speed, quality, and safety in software releases while also supervising the product efficacy, service levels, and availability. The position requires deep technical background in systems, enterprise scale, and security in SaaS and Device domains. The successful candidate will have demonstrated the ability to define engineering approaches that build phenomenal products and meaningful employee experiences!
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Hire, mentor and develop purpose-driven engineers capable of rapidly delivering and learning.
- Partner with engineers, engineering managers, and product managers to build frameworks and services that enable increased feature velocity, improved monitoring, and continual improvement of applications.
- Understand the role of microservices in enterprise and device development and refactoring.
- Must be able to validate design and technology directions and solve problems.
- Complete architectural design frameworks to ensure high quality information systems are delivered expeditiously and aligned with business objectives.
- Work with leadership to devise accurate resourcing and budget needs.
Education, Experience & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or similar experience required
- 2+ years’ experience in technical management role with proven experience mentoring engineers from a technical standpoint.
- Minimum of 7 years of software development experience including complex whole life cycle software development management.
- Ability to collaborate across numerous teams and build new strategies to achieve results.
- Extensive experience in developing software in a scrum/Agile environment.
- Expert knowledge of object-oriented design practices and patterns, C#.
- Extensive experience in API development including REST.
- Extensive experience with developing using Cloud technologies.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401(k) and 401(k) match
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- FTO or PTO
- Employee Well-Being program
- 11 paid holidays plus 1 inclusive holiday per year
- Volunteer Time Off
- Employee Referral program
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Employee Recognition and Appreciation program
- Additional perk and voluntary benefit programs
Salary is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. This position is also eligible for an incentive compensation plan. The expected hiring salary for this position is:$155,250.00 - $195,750.00
Innovation Lives Here
You go all in no matter what you do, and so do we. At Lytx, we’re powered by cutting-edge technology and Happy People. You want your work to make a positive impact in the world, and that’s what we do. Join our diverse team of hungry, humble and capable people united to make a difference.
Together, we help save lives on our roadways.
Find out how good it feels to be a part of an inclusive, collaborative team. We’re committed to delivering an environment where everyone feels valued, included and supported to do their best work and share their voices.
Lytx, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and maintains a drug-free workplace. We’re committed to attracting, retaining and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. EOE/M/F/Disabled/Vet.