Senior Software Engineer, Forecasting and Real-Time Optimization Platform
At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
Marketplace teams are at the heart of our products and decision-making. We’re looking for passionate, driven engineers to build systems that empower our users ie Drivers and riders to make the most effective use of Lyft’s products and experiences by making them more predictive, personalized, and adaptive. We’re looking for someone who is passionate about solving problems with distributed computing, ML, data alongside building reliable systems, and is excited about working in a fast-paced, innovative, and collegial environment.
Forecasting and Real-Time Optimization Platform (FORTOP) team in Lyft’s Marketplace org is responsible for building and supporting the myriad real-time demands to run the business efficiently. We work with Product & Science to improve our driver and passenger experiences through real-time features and machine learning models, covering Dynamic Pricing, Realtime Supply Management, Dispatch, and more. You will be working on a wide array of challenges ranging from large scale distributed systems, sub millisecond request serving, realtime forecasting, experimentation & ML modeling. If you're interested in being at the centre of Lyft's efforts to deliver delightful experiences to our passengers and drivers, this might be the role for you.
- Design, develop, deploy, monitor, operate and maintain existing or new elements of our systems and infrastructure
- Collaborate with engineers and partners in science & product to drive projects from inception, specification, execution, or to launch
- Build and operate large-scale distributed systems (Beam, Flink, Kafka, etc.)
- Design and own the way real-time data is consumed, stored, and shared with the entirety of Lyft
- Write well-crafted, well-tested, readable, maintainable code
- Participate in code reviews to ensure code quality and distribute knowledge, including Open-Source projects
- Share your knowledge by giving brown bags, tech talks, and evangelizing appropriate tech and engineering best practices
- 5+ years of software engineering industry experience
- BS/MS or equivalent in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related field or relevant work experience
- Experience in backend software development of large-scale distributed systems
- Understanding of distributed systems concepts and principles (consistency and availability, liveness and safety, durability, reliability, fault-tolerance, consensus algorithms, etc)
- Experience in streaming platforms (Beam/Flink) and/or distributed messaging (Kafka, Kinesis, or similar)
- Experience in Machine Learning
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- Family building benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
This role will be in-office on a hybrid schedule — Team Members will be expected to work in the office 3 days per week on Mondays, Thursdays and a team-specific third day. Additionally, hybrid roles have the flexibility to work from anywhere for up to 4 weeks per year.
The expected base pay range for this position in the SF area is $162,000 - $180,000 Salary ranges are dependent on a variety of factors, including qualifications, experience and geographic location. Range is not inclusive of potential equity offering, bonus or benefits. Your recruiter can share more information about the salary range specific to your working location and other factors during the hiring process.