Vice President, Head of Treasury
At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
Lyft’s Treasurer will be a key member of our Finance Leadership Team. Reporting directly into the Chief Financial Officer, the Head of Treasury will be responsible for capital structure, cash, debt and working capital management, investment management, financial risk management, and corporate banking relationships. The Treasurer will be responsible for developing and establishing treasury policy, treasury operations, liquidity optimization and our approach to foreign exchange.
This executive will also partner closely with Financial Planning & Analysis, Risk, Accounting as well as key businesses across Lyft including Core Rideshare, Bikes & Scooters, ExpressDrive, Driver Operations, Technology, Marketing, and Legal to execute strategies for long-term capital planning by managing and forecasting cash flow.
The Lyft treasury team is small but mighty! The perfect candidate is a senior leader who can operate on all cylinders - not only be able to set a vision for the company but also willing to roll up their sleeves and be actively involved in the day to day.
- Lead the negotiation of credit facilities, future bank borrowing lines, securitizations, escrows, and other types of significant financial structuring
- Evaluate, recommend and execute funding and investment strategies
- Manage all cash and set related policies; improve Lyft’s cash forecasting system and structures that maximize daily and monthly cash flow
- Develop, implement and monitor working capital strategies that minimize the use of capital or appropriately compensate for the use of capital to ensure liquidity and lowest cost of capital
- Oversee financial risk management activities, including interest rate and foreign exchange risks utilizing hedging techniques as appropriate.
- Work with Internal Audit and Accounting to develop, document and enhance internal controls over treasury functions; ensure that treasury systems are adequate and provide accurate information in a timely manner.
- Lead initiatives that help modernize and bring automation solutions to our cash management activities and strive for continuous operational excellence
- Stakeholder Relationships – Manage relationships with commercial and investment banks and other providers of services for treasury operations.
- Collaborate with all business units to determine proper timing of any large monthly/quarterly cash commitments and provide timely support to adhere to contractual obligations, external audits as well as overall working needs
- Train, develop and mentor upstart treasury team
- Deep experience and understanding of Capital Markets and Cash Management activities
- Strong track record or working effectively with and building relationships with top Commercial and Investment banks.
- Internally managed and developed the global Treasury function inside of an operating company in technology, hospitality, automotive, retail, or CPG sectors - multinational, Fortune 500 highly preferred
- 15+ years of overall finance experience with ideally the majority of time within the Treasury function and at least 8 years of managerial/supervisory experience leading a small, global Treasury team
- Experience with physical asset securitization highly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or Accounting required. Master’s degree in Accounting or Finance preferred. Additionally, Certified Treasury Professional (CTP) and/or other professional treasury designations and certifications also preferred
- Strong leadership capabilities with proven ability to deliver results and produce optimal performance of Treasury function inside of complex companies - promotes Treasury excellence across organizations
- Well-versed in partnering with executive leadership and senior management across various functions and businesses - a true thought-leader
- Strong communication skills and demonstrated cross-functional collaboration.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, brings demonstrated outcomes from working cross-functionally and collaboratively with others
- Track record of maintaining integrity while moving with agility and innovating
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- Family building benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
This role will be in-office on a hybrid schedule — Team Members will be expected to work in the office 3 days per week on Mondays, Thursdays and a team-specific third day. Additionally, hybrid roles have the flexibility to work from anywhere for up to 4 weeks per year.