Software Engineer, Driver Experience
At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To accomplish this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
I'm a part of the Driver Experience team at Lyft, and our primary focus is on improving the overall experience for our drivers. We're deeply committed to understanding the specific challenges and needs that drivers encounter every day. Our team collaborates to develop and implement various features, policies, and support systems designed to make sure our drivers have a seamless and rewarding experience while driving for Lyft. Our ultimate goal is to empower drivers, build a strong sense of community, and provide them with the tools and resources they need to thrive as ride-share partners. By doing so, we contribute to Lyft's success and growth as a leading transportation platform.
Lyft is looking for experienced software engineers from a scope of disciplines. We are growing our team with people who want to build, improve and incorporate technologies that make the lives of our community more enriched. As an engineer at Lyft, you'll collaborate with teams like product, data science, analytics, and operations on code that empower us to iterate quickly, while focusing on delighting our passengers and drivers.
- Help establish roadmap and architecture based on technology and our needs
- Write well-crafted, well-tested, readable, maintainable code
- Participate in code reviews to ensure code quality and distribute knowledge
- Share your knowledge by giving brown bags, tech talks, and promoting appropriate tech and engineering best practices
- Can help lead large projects from idea to positive execution
- Unblock, support and communicate with internal partners to achieve results
- 3+ years of software engineering industry experience
- Experience with object-oriented programming
- Experience in distributed systems
- Experience working with databases, relational or NoSQL
- Write clear, scalable and clear design documentation
- Design, build and improve a set of team owned components
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- Family building benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Starting in September 2023, this role will be in-office on a hybrid schedule — Team Members will be expected to work in the office 3 days per week on Mondays, Thursdays and a team-specific third day. Additionally, hybrid roles have the flexibility to work from anywhere for up to 4 weeks per year.
The expected range of pay for this position in the San Francisco Bay Area is $139,500 - $155,000. Salary ranges are dependent on a variety of factors, including qualifications, experience and geographic location. Range is not inclusive of potential equity offering, bonus or benefits. Your recruiter can share more information about the salary range specific to your working location and other factors during the hiring process.