Senior Software Engineer, Routing
At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
We are hiring a Software Engineer to join our Routing Infrastructure team that builds and maintains Lyft’s navigation system that powers millions of Lyft rides by generating routes and etas for each ride request on our platform. To serve these needs, we need to suggest the fastest, most affordable and safest routes in realtime. We achieve this by processing millions of rides, taking into account the latest traffic information, road network data and real time events .
We are looking for an engineer with proven expertise in system architecture, big-data processing and graph algorithms and experience in building scalable solutions in the cloud environments.
Our technology stack runs on AWS, Kubernetes, Spark and Apache Airflow. In this role, you will work with incredibly passionate and talented colleagues from software engineering, machine learning and data science on building rideshare experiences that delight millions of riders and drivers.
- Drive high-impact projects and innovate new solutions to provide the best routing experience.
- Build and deploy mission critical algorithms and services that can scale well to serve millions of requests per day (routing engine: C++, backend services: Go, Python)
- Drive cross-team initiatives and mentor junior engineers
- Lead large projects from ideation to launch. Understand customer needs, write tech-specs to communicate system design, drive cross-functional collaboration and own project deliverables.
- Participate in code reviews, design reviews, production on-call support and incident triaging process.
- Write well-crafted, well-tested, readable, maintainable code
- 5+ years of professional software engineering experience
- Extensive experience in object-oriented programming (ideally C++ or Go)
- Hands-on experience with cloud computing using AWS, GCP or Azure
- Experience with Linux
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- Family building benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
This role will be in-office on a hybrid schedule — Team Members will be expected to work in the office 3 days per week on Mondays, Thursdays and a team-specific third day. Additionally, hybrid roles have the flexibility to work from anywhere for up to 4 weeks per year.
The expected range of pay for this position in the San Francisco area is $132,000 - $180,000. Salary ranges are dependent on a variety of factors, including qualifications, experience and geographic location. Range is not inclusive of potential equity offering, bonus or benefits. Your recruiter can share more information about the salary range specific to your working location and other factors during the hiring process.m