At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
We are looking for a passionate, structured, bold Operations Lead to join the Express Drive team in Washington. Lyft’s Express Drive program is a key contributor to our driver growth. If you want to drive for Lyft and need a car, Express Drive offers flexible options. . In this role, you’ll not only manage a team, but also take point on managing a fleet of vehicles by analyzing data for performance gaps and process improvements, managing partner and vendor relationships, and improving processes. Drivers are the force of our organization, and your job will be to ensure that every interaction with them is delightful and efficient.
- Responsible for site management, running all rental operations, executing fleet management of the site's fleet, and people leadership for your team
- Accountable for your site’s business health and strives to deliver on OKRs for Express Drive by frequently analyzing site data for performance gaps and process improvement opportunities
- Lead the team that serves drivers through the end-to-end rental process for the Express Drive Program by holding regular 1:1s, providing consistent feedback, and ensuring the team is up-to-date on all trainings and processes
- Drive high utilization metrics by managing the vehicle supply lifecycle across your market, from in-fleeting to maintenance to decommissioning and disposition, and continually reduce out-of-service vehicle time by swiftly resolving escalated vehicle issues when they arise
- Build and maintain strong relationships with various vendors and partners, including service providers, insurance agencies, collision centers, and internal/external teams, to optimize vehicle quality and turnaround time
- Responsible for of PO process with collision centers, insurance adjusters, and HQ to ensure collision centers paid in a timely matter
- Serve as the primary point of contact for your site’s continued maintenance and partner closely with Lyft’s internal Facilities Team as needed
- Passionate about delivering great customer experiences with a strong track record to back that up
- 4 years experience managing Retail, customer service, or vehicle rental team
- 3+ years managing hard assets in a fleet management business (car rental, FMC, etc) preferred
- Experience managing vendors and partners
- Ability to coach and develop team members within your org
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and switch into different modes during the workday/week
- Lover of dashboards, data, and metrics
- A valid unrestricted driver's license and satisfactory driving record and be insurable under Lyft's policy required
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
This role is on-site at a Lyft location full time.
The expected range of pay for this position in the U.S. is $59,820- $66,470. Salary ranges are dependent on a variety of factors, including qualifications, experience and geographic location. Range is not inclusive of potential equity offering, bonus or benefits. Your recruiter can share more information about the salary range specific to your working location and other factors during the hiring process.