Technical Program Manager, Central TPM
At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
Lyft connects people to transportation to change the way we live and get around our communities. We are looking for Technical Program Managers who bring exceptional technical and analytical skills to drive execution. Come be part of a team at Lyft focused on enabling and empowering engineering teams to deliver at scale.
Technical Program Managers at Lyft drive cross-functional initiatives, leveraging strong leadership, planning, communication, and collaboration skills. Our TPMs are technically strong with software engineering or systems engineering experience. They are problem solvers who make things happen around them by setting clear goals and inspiring teams to deliver. TPMs at Lyft are both strategic and tactical and do what it takes to successfully deliver key programs that have a material impact on the business.
The TPM in this role will be supporting Rideshare, which could include future Rider, Driver, Marketplace and Platform growth; specific Product use cases include Airports and Marketplace efficiency; and Platform areas such as Payments and Mapping. You will collaborate with engineering, product, data science, analytics, and operations on technology programs that enable us to iterate quickly in delighting our riders and drivers.
- Lead iterative delivery of strategic cross-functional initiatives from concept to ship, through focus, transparency, communication, visibility, and accountability
- Leverage deep technical expertise with large-scale, distributed 24x7 production systems to build comprehensive plans, to identify risks, and to ensure smooth project launches with a goal of delighting our passengers and drivers
- Partner with engineering, product, and business leadership to build highly collaborative teams and to enhance communication across teams and stakeholders
- Identify and resolve systemic issues impacting Lyft engineering and aggressively take action to resolve
- Experience leading cross-functional teams to deliver complex projects iteratively with multiple dependencies and constraints, in a highly dynamic and agile environment
- Proven ability to operate effectively and autonomously across multiple teams in situations of extreme ambiguity, with only high-level direction
- Experience building roadmaps, release plans, project plans with a thorough understanding of dependency management
- Able to communicate highly technical problems and solutions at all levels from engineer to partner to C-level executives
- Able to influence, negotiate and inspire others in a matrixed environment. Excellent organization, planning skills, and attention to detail
- Experience delivering projects in large-scale, distributed production systems and 24x7 production operations
- Experience compiling and presenting business & technology options, backed by data & experimentation, to decision makers
- At least two years of software engineering, data science, or systems engineering experience
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- Family building benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Starting in September 2023, this role will be in-office on a hybrid schedule — Team Members will be expected to work in the office 3 days per week on Mondays, Thursdays and a team-specific third day. Additionally, hybrid roles have the flexibility to work from anywhere for up to 4 weeks per year.
The expected base pay range for this position in the US is $158,670 - $215,00. Salary ranges are dependent on a variety of factors, including qualifications, experience and geographic location. Range is not inclusive of potential equity offering, bonus or benefits. Your recruiter can share more information about the salary range specific to your working location and other factors during the hiring process.