InfraOps / DevOps Engineer
At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
The Infrastructure Operations Engineering team (InfraOps) aims to further an industry leading developer experience at Lyft, by providing top-notch developer support for infrastructure platforms and tooling. InfraOps engineers serve as experts in the products and services offered by the Lyft Infrastructure organization. They find solutions to problems with the products and help other engineers work through technical difficulties. Through their investigations, they contribute their insights and learnings to improve the platforms and tooling they support, and gather data to drive prioritization. InfraOps engineers make future support work easier by creating and scaling tools and processes.
- Take ownership of reported customer issues and see problems through to resolution, perform root cause analysis, and work to prevent issues from reoccurring in the future
- Research, diagnose, troubleshoot, and debug customer issues encountered in the field
- Embed in partner infrastructure team to provide better internal support & reduce the maintenance burden of software systems
- Help triage, debug and pull engineers to mitigate incidents and improve our systems
- Own, operate, and upgrade software systems within the InfraOps engineer’s domain
- Collaborate with partner infra teams on initiatives and projects, such as automating systems & tasks, migrations, etc
- Develop and contribute to internal and external knowledge bases
- Be a champion for Infra’s customers and hold Infra teams to a high standard of customer service
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in an InfraOps/devOps role.
- Passion for customer service and ownership of the customer experience including comprehensive issue resolution
- Understanding of support organizations and key indicators that drive supportability
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills
- Experience debugging complex problems that span multiple systems
- Understanding of APIs, microservices, and cloud computing technology
- Familiarity with Kubernetes or other container orchestration solutions is a plus
- Familiarity with Envoy or other service mesh solutions is a plus
- Experience with Go, Python, or similar languages
- The passion and ability to learn new things, while never being satisfied with the status quo