At Lyft, community is what we are and it’s what we do. It’s what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
Lyft is looking for an experienced Director, Legislative Counsel to join our fast-growing and fast-paced team. Based in New York, San Francisco, Seattle, or Washington D.C., this stellar individual will be directly involved in shaping the legal and regulatory framework for the evolving ridesharing industry as a pivotal part of our Public Policy team.
- Analyze and evaluate proposed legislation on various issues and provide our Public Policy team recommended changes based on the interests of our users and our company
- Assist the policy team in identifying legislative trends and developing legislative strategies
- Identify, track, and advise on introduced and proposed legislation
- Provide legislative policy advice, including issue-spotting and strategizing solutions for new policies
- Coordinate with Lyft’s compliance, legal, and operations teams as new regulatory frameworks are implemented
- Collaborate with Lyft’s Public Policy team members on market-specific legislative efforts
- Law degree required
- 10+ years of experience with legislative drafting for a legislative body at the state and/or federal level or at a trade association
- Exceptional ability to critically analyze policy issues
- Excellent written communication skills and attention to detail
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, demanding (and sometimes unstructured) environment
- Self-starter; intrinsically motivated
- Experience with labor and employment law a plus but not required
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- Family building benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Starting in September 2023, this role will be in-office on a hybrid schedule — Team Members will be expected to work in the office 3 days per week on Mondays, Thursdays and a team-specific third day. Additionally, hybrid roles have the flexibility to work from anywhere for up to 4 weeks per year.
The expected range of base pay for this position in the Washington, D.C. area is $201,830 - $224,250. Salary ranges are dependent on a variety of factors, including qualifications, experience and geographic location. Range is not inclusive of potential equity offering, bonus or benefits. Your recruiter can share more information about the salary range specific to your working location and other factors during the hiring process.