Legal Counsel, Products Liability Litigator
Posted on Friday, May 26, 2023
Lime is the world's largest shared electric vehicle company. We’re on a mission to build a future where transportation is shared, affordable and carbon-free. Our electric bikes and scooters have powered 400+ million rides in 250+ cities on 5 continents, replacing an estimated 100+ million car trips. Named a Time 100 Most Influential Company and Fast Company Brand That Matters, we achieved a fully profitable year in 2022, becoming the first in our industry to reach this milestone.
We are looking for an outstanding attorney to join our growing team as Litigation Counsel. You will manage a variety of personal injury, product, and business litigation at one of the fastest growing startups in history. A critical element of this role will be to drive strategy with outside counsel to mitigate exposure to Lime. If you have experience in a fast-paced environment and are looking for an opportunity to be a foundational member of the Legal Team, this is the perfect opportunity for you!
What you'll do:
- Anticipate and address legal risks in business-centric ways by developing strategies to solve problems, while strengthening partnerships and business objectives
- Formulate and drive strategy with outside counsel. Management of outside counsel on product and personal injury defense in the US; collaboration with counsel outside of the US as needed
- Analyze claims in stages of pre-litigation and litigation to assess liability and damage exposure
- Implement effective litigation strategies, including discovery and early settlement resolution when warranted
- Set annual defense budgets and exposure reserves
- Represent the company in mediations and court hearings. Manage arbitrations and trials as needed
- Review and revise motions drafted by outside counsel with some drafting required in house as needed
- Participate in deposition preparation of corporate and expert witnesses
- Lead the collection of information internally and cross-functionally to respond to discovery
- Conduct legal research, as needed
- Collaborate with Claims team to enhance litigation processes and build mitigation processes
- Develop and implement strategies on mitigating product liability risk
- Additional duties as assigned
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience in litigating general liability claims; strong preference for candidates with experience in product liability litigation. Preference for those who have held similar in-house roles with an established company
- Significant experience managing cases through pleadings, motion practice, discovery, dispute resolution, and arbitration or trial
- Solid case evaluation abilities and critical thinking skills
- Mediation, discovery, and motion practice experience required
- Inquisitive, enthusiastic, passionate about challenges, and a team player who is able to work independently and collaboratively
- Demonstrate sound judgment, comfortable in ambiguous situations, with the ability to work well under pressure with diligence, organization, and minimal supervision
- Multi-state and international experience a plus
The anticipated salary range for this position is $122,000.00 - $203,000.00. Equity and benefits may be provided as part of the compensation package, depending on the position offered. Not all candidates will be eligible for the upper end of the salary range. Exact salary will ultimately depend on multiple factors, which may include the successful candidate's skills, experience and other qualifications as well as the candidate's location of residence. In addition to base salary, some roles may be eligible for a variable bonus based on a combination of company performance, employee performance, and management discretion.
When you join Lime, you join a global community of smart, caring, talented individuals working together to deliver world-changing results; striving to create an experience that enables Limers to do their best work. Here are some ways we support and invest in our team:
Competitive salaries, performance-based annual bonus and pre-IPO equity
Health and wellness offerings for all team members starting day one including access to top-tier fitness and mindfulness apps
Flexible vacation policies with ample paid holidays tailored to country of residence
Fully-paid leave following the birth or adoption of a child and financial, medical and educational support for Limers pursuing parenthood
Support for retirement and financial goals with unlimited access to financial advisors
Unlimited, complimentary use of our vehicles in hundreds of cities around the world
Professional growth opportunities through quarterly learning days and top-tier tools
Opportunities to connect across teams and locations to network, socialize and volunteer
Culture of belonging with Employee Resource Groups that engage and promote cultural awareness and DEI training across all functions
Consistent recognition of great work through meaningful rewards and career advancements
Benefits and perks vary depending on the nature of your employment and country of residence. Terms and conditions may apply.
If you want to make an impact, Lime is the place for you. Not sure if you meet all the qualifications? If this role excites you we encourage you to apply. Explore all opportunities on our career page.
Lime is an Equal Opportunity Employer, but that’s just the start. We believe different perspectives help us grow and achieve more. That’s why we’re dedicated to hiring and developing the most talented and globally diverse team – which includes individuals with different backgrounds, abilities, identities and experiences.
See more open positions at Lime
Something looks off?