Posted on Thursday, September 7, 2023
LeoLabs is the world’s leading commercial provider of low Earth orbit (LEO) mapping and Space Domain Awareness (SDA) services. LeoLabs was founded in 2016 as a venture-funded spinout of Silicon Valley research pioneer, SRI International, by scientists and space industry veterans committed to securing Low Earth Orbit (LEO). LeoLabs is built on 30+ years of R&D in radar systems and satellite tracking algorithms. The team is rapidly expanding its global radar network and data services platform to help satellite operators deploy their services safely and to empower governmental space agencies with detailed visibility into the LEO ecosystem. As commercial space ventures and newly-formed space agencies from every corner of the globe compete for their place in the second space race, LeoLabs is here to address a new generation of risks and opportunities to preserve LEO for future generations.
LeoLabs is seeking talented individuals to join our Applications team as a Software Engineer. The Applications team focuses on the touch points with customers, such as the web user interface, APIs, notifications, and specialized integrations.
As a part of our team, you will make significant contributions to both the developer experience and the customer experience for the LeoLabs Platform. You will work together with senior members of the team to build scalable and robust services and applications. You will help solve cross-team problems and be a force multiplier that helps boost the productivity of the entire software engineering organization. We are looking for candidates who are eager to grow into senior members of the team and to take on greater levels of responsibility and ownership. The ideal candidates are those who have a proven track record of getting things done and working well within a team.
• B.S., M.S in Computer Science or equivalent experience
• 3+ years experience with Python and Java, in a SaaS platform
• Experience building/consuming RESTful web services
• Worked with event driven systems and messaging
• Experience with AWS
• Experience with Postgres
• Understanding of good software development practices, agile practices, security, documentation and observability
• Experience with Docker containers
• Experience in agile and test-driven development methodologies
• Helpful to have some background in Math/Physics or Orbital mechanics.
Within 1 month, you’ll:
• Complete our onboarding program designed to get you up to speed on our business, vision and team
• Gain an understanding about how your role fits into the LeoLabs broader organization
• Ramp up on the LeoLabs engineering stack
Within 3 months, you’ll:
• Be deeply involved with the development of key features
• Work closely with a senior member of the team
• Define a career growth plan with your manager
Within 6 months, you’ll:
• Improve the developer experience for the entire software engineering organization
• Take a feature from start to finish on your own, including communication and coordination with stakeholders and other teams
• Contribute to the technical design of the Platform
Within 12 months, you’ll:
• Be an expert in one or more parts of the system
• Be a key contributor to the success of the team
• Grow your leadership and communication skills
Salary offers are based on a combination of factors, including, but not limited to, experience, skills, and location. The base salary range for this position $150,000 - 175,000
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. More information regarding ITAR can be found at DDTC’s website here.