Cybersecurity Operations Specialist
Vast was founded to expand humanity's frontier into the solar system and beyond. We believe that the next step on that journey is enabling manufacturing and habitation in LEO. We are building artificial gravity space stations to make this a reality. If you want to join a team that builds amazing things with the most talented people on Earth, please reach out.
Vast is looking for a Cybersecurity Operations Specialist, reporting to the Cybersecurity Manager, to assist in the deployment and maintenance of the organization's growing cybersecurity infrastructure. Cybersecurity Operations Specialist supports the enforcement of security policies and procedures, ensuring compliance with pertinent regulations and security standards (i.e. NIST SP 800-171 Rev 2). This will be a full-time, exempt position located in our Long Beach location.
- Continuously monitor and analyze security alerts, responding to potential security incidents in a timely manner
- Assist in configuring and maintaining security solutions such as firewalls, intrusion detection systems, and antivirus software, including applying patches and updates
- Identify, assess, and prioritize security vulnerabilities, working with Corporate Engineering to mitigate and remediate issues effectively
- Support incident response by documenting security incidents and implementing necessary remediation actions when required
- Support the enforcement of security policies and ensure compliance with relevant industry regulations and standards
- Promote security best practices and awareness among employees and assist in the development and delivery of cybersecurity training programs
- 2+ years of hands-on experience in a cybersecurity role
- Proficiency in multiple security tools and technologies, such as firewalls, SSE, IDS/IPS, SIEM and NGAV solutions
- Knowledge of security frameworks and standards (e.g., NIST, CMMC 2.0) and compliance requirements
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Relevant security certifications (e.g., CISSP, Security+, OSCP)
- Strong understanding of compliance requirements as it relates to NASA and the Department of Defense (i.e. NIST SP 800-171, CMMC 2.0, DFARS 252.204-7012, FIPS 140-2, etc.)
- Prior experience working in the aerospace and/or defense industry
- Familiarity with security SaaS solutions and relevant integrations
- Prior experience working in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Continuous commitment to staying updated on the latest cybersecurity trends and threats
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
- Willingness to work overtime, or weekends to support critical mission milestones
- Specific certifications, as appropriate
- Cybersecurity Operations Specialist II: $130,000 - $165,000
U.S. EXPORT CONTROL COMPLIANCE STATUSThe person hired will have access to information and items subject to U.S. export controls, and therefore, must either be a “U.S. person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.62 or otherwise eligible for deemed export licensing. This status includes U.S. citizens, U.S. nationals, lawful permanent residents (green card holders), and asylees and refugees with such status granted, not pending.