Staff Back-end Engineer - (Cargo Models)
Paris, France · Remote
Posted on Thursday, February 8, 2024
At Kpler, we simplify global trade information and provide valuable insights. Founded in 2014, our goal is to help over 10,000 organisations by offering the best intelligence on commodities, energy, and maritime through a single platform.
Working at Kpler means you'll be a key player in turning complex data into strategic resources for our clients. Your role involves creating data-driven stories that empower clients in their industries.
Your expertise helps Kpler navigate markets successfully. Your journey starts here, where innovation meets impact. Join our team of 500+ talented people from 35+ countries worldwide.
The Cargo Models team is responsible for some of our core data pipelines. You’ll participate in the evolution of our backend data platform and related services, with the aim of extracting and consolidating disparate data sources, applying algorithms to large datasets and making them available to both internal and external clients.
- Provide architectural guidance and technical hands-on leadership.
- Drive the very best engineering practices and architectural standards.
- Demonstrate strong software development skills in back-end and database technologies.
- Shape the roadmap in collaboration with the product team. Help the team build ambitious yet sustainable plans.
- Push for operational excellence: build robust, scalable, cost efficient applications.
- Make sure the team commits to its SLO and help improve it.
You are or have...
- BSc/MSc in computer science, computer engineering or equivalent.
- Significant experience working with Python, Scala (or equivalent language) and Kafka.
- Proven track record of architecting and developing scalable data pipelines, using asynchronous frameworks.
- Have experience with DevOps and Infrastructure as Code practices.
- Proficiency in building and consuming RESTful APIs.
- You are comfortable with SQL and NoSQL databases for OLTP and OLAP usages.
Nice to have
- Have knowledge of Spark.
- Have worked with ElasticSearch.
- Have experience with AWS (or another cloud provider), using Terraform.
- Have some experience with Typescript.
We're a dynamic company dedicated to nurturing connections and innovating solutions that tackle market challenges head-on. If you're driven by customer satisfaction and thrive on turning ideas into reality, then you've found your ideal destination. Are you prepared to embark on this exciting journey with us?
we make things happen
We act decisively and with purpose, and we like to go the extra mile.
we build together
We foster relationships and develop creative solutions to address market challenges with cool features and solutions.
hey, how can i help you today?
Being accessible and supportive to colleagues and clients with a friendly approach is essential.
Our People Pledge
Don’t meet every single requirement? Research shows that women and people of color are less likely than others to apply if they feel like they don’t match 100% of the job requirements. Don’t let the confidence gap stand in your way, we’d love to hear from you! We understand that experience comes in many different forms and are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team.
Kpler is committed to providing a fair, inclusive and diverse work-environment. We believe that different perspectives lead to better ideas, and better ideas allow us to better understand the needs and interests of our diverse, global community. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and are an equal opportunity employer.
By applying, I confirm that I have read and accept the Staff Privacy Notice