Risk & Compliance Analyst
Posted on Wednesday, February 7, 2024
At Kpler, we simplify global trade information and provide valuable insights. Founded in 2014, our goal is to help over 10,000 organisations by offering the best intelligence on commodities, energy, and maritime through a single platform.
Working at Kpler means you'll be a key player in turning complex data into strategic resources for our clients. Your role involves creating data-driven stories that empower clients in their industries.
Your expertise helps Kpler navigate markets successfully. Your journey starts here, where innovation meets impact. Join our team of 500+ talented people from 35+ countries worldwide.
We are seeking a Risk & Compliance Analyst to join our Maritime Data Operations team.
This exciting new role will shape a team of maritime risk and sanctions experts focused on:
- Reviewing and enhancing our risk and compliance data sets and product
- Conducting compliance investigations for our customers
- Writing research reports and articles for our customers
- Responding to customer enquiries and collecting product feedback.
- Staying updated on new regulations and competitor advances in the maritime
- Has 3+ years of data analyst experience, preferably in maritime, shipping, or working for a data provider.
- Has experience in the risk and compliance industry and familiarity with deceptive shipping practices.
- Is outgoing, personable, and client-focused.
- Can articulate technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Is empathetic, listens, and understands the customer’s needs through strong relationship building.
- Can adapt to the needs of users ranging from banks, and insurance companies, to physical trading houses, energy majors, and government agencies.
- Has experience manipulating large data sets with SQL (beneficial).
- Genuinely cares about clients and takes ownership of projects.
Traits of a successful Risk & Compliance Analyst at Kpler;
- Is not intimidated by complex product and data-related matters.
- Has a solid understanding of shipping and commodity markets.
- Is adept at prioritising, as this role involves dealing with multiple stakeholders and projects simultaneously.
- Is analytical, capable of identifying patterns and understanding end-user needs.
- Can work autonomously but also values teamwork.
- Enjoys improving processes and is proficient at knowledge transfer.
- Thinks strategically and always keeps long-term goals in mind.
We're a dynamic company dedicated to nurturing connections and innovating solutions that tackle market challenges head-on. If you're driven by customer satisfaction and thrive on turning ideas into reality, then you've found your ideal destination. Are you prepared to embark on this exciting journey with us?
we make things happen
We act decisively and with purpose, and we like to go the extra mile.
we build together
We foster relationships and develop creative solutions to address market challenges with cool features and solutions.
hey, how can i help you today?
Being accessible and supportive to colleagues and clients with a friendly approach is essential.
Our People Pledge
Don’t meet every single requirement? Research shows that women and people of color are less likely than others to apply if they feel like they don’t match 100% of the job requirements. Don’t let the confidence gap stand in your way, we’d love to hear from you! We understand that experience comes in many different forms and are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team.
Kpler is committed to providing a fair, inclusive and diverse work-environment. We believe that different perspectives lead to better ideas, and better ideas allow us to better understand the needs and interests of our diverse, global community. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and are an equal opportunity employer.
By applying, I confirm that I have read and accept the Staff Privacy Notice