Product Manager, Ingress
Posted on Wednesday, February 7, 2024
At Kpler, we simplify global trade information and provide valuable insights. Founded in 2014, our goal is to help over 10,000 organisations by offering the best intelligence on commodities, energy, and maritime through a single platform.
Working at Kpler means you'll be a key player in turning complex data into strategic resources for our clients. Your role involves creating data-driven stories that empower clients in their industries.
Your expertise helps Kpler navigate markets successfully. Your journey starts here, where innovation meets impact. Join our team of 500+ talented people from 35+ countries worldwide.
Automatic Identification System (AIS) data sits at the heart of all Kpler products and services. The ingress team is responsible for ingestion of the AIS data in our system, followed up by structuring, mapping & cleaning it. Working closely with engineers, designers, and fellow product managers, you will be responsible for building a seamless structure and delivery of the data. You will also take ownership of the streaming of this data to other teams in the organization.
As Technical Product Manager for the Ingress team, you will gain a deep understanding of geospatial data and our infrastructure, and come up with solutions that make AIS data the foundation of various Kpler products & services.
- Developing a deep understanding of Vessel AIS and network stations.
- Building 6-12 months roadmap for the team to address our internal customers’ needs.
- Working closely with the engineering teams on the execution.
- Engaging internal customers to gather feedback, validate ideas, and ensure a smooth transition from the current architecture to the proposed one.
- Aligning and centralizing event generation across organisations like port calls.
- Managing and prioritizing the requirements backlog to fit business needs in your crew/squad.
- Follow the product governance best practices and agile methodologies.
- Working daily with the engineers and researchers to solve problems, test features, and make decisions during development.
It will be a match if;
- You have some experience auditing and understanding complex data processing & real-time.
- You have technical exposure or experience on topics like batch/stream processing, basic SQL, APIs etc.
- You have a strong interest in building data solutions, especially with geospatial data.
- You have excellent analytical ability, are at ease with working with databases, and use complex architecture to deliver impactful data connections.
- You are rigorous, problem-solving & data quality oriented.
- You have good communication skills, being able to connect with Engineering and Product.
- You are native or bilingual in English (mandatory).
- You have at least 2+ years of experience as a product manager in B2B, delivering data streams.
- You are interested in the maritime industry and have good knowledge relative to the shipping market coming from relevant experience in the industry.
It will be even better if;
We're a dynamic company dedicated to nurturing connections and innovating solutions that tackle market challenges head-on. If you're driven by customer satisfaction and thrive on turning ideas into reality, then you've found your ideal destination. Are you prepared to embark on this exciting journey with us?
we make things happen
We act decisively and with purpose, and we like to go the extra mile.
we build together
We foster relationships and develop creative solutions to address market challenges with cool features and solutions.
hey, how can i help you today?
Being accessible and supportive to colleagues and clients with a friendly approach is essential.
Our People Pledge
Don’t meet every single requirement? Research shows that women and people of color are less likely than others to apply if they feel like they don’t match 100% of the job requirements. Don’t let the confidence gap stand in your way, we’d love to hear from you! We understand that experience comes in many different forms and are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team.
Kpler is committed to providing a fair, inclusive and diverse work-environment. We believe that different perspectives lead to better ideas, and better ideas allow us to better understand the needs and interests of our diverse, global community. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and are an equal opportunity employer.
By applying, I confirm that I have read and accept the Staff Privacy Notice