IT & Service Desk Engineer
We have a fantastic opportunity to join JustPark as an IT & Service Desk Engineer.
JustPark is changing the way people move around our cities. With over 10m customers (and counting!), we’re helping over 30% of motorists across the UK make smarter and more sustainable transport decisions. Our award-winning product is backed by some of the world’s leading investors including Index Ventures (Deliveroo, Skype) and LocalGlobe (Citymapper), and we’re one of the fastest growing companies in Europe.
But our ambition doesn’t stop there - we're continuing to deliver innovative solutions that solve customer problems, from our leading P2P marketplace and EV charging network to our B2B platform and commercial offering.
About the role
This is a brand new role at JustPark which will shape and develop the way we manage our systems, hardware and IT requests. Reporting to the VP of Product & Engineering, you will be pivotal in providing both a long term IT strategy and 1st line service desk support to our team of over 75. This is very much a hands on role - we are looking for someone who is not afraid to learn, roll their sleeves up and get stuck in.
Key Result Areas
Manage and maintain our office facilities and our inventory of IT assets
- Work with all the wider business in order to collect and collate all our hardware asset data
- Manage hardware procurement
- Create and maintain an asset list for the fleet of laptops/phones/desktops
- Maintain the Mobile Device Management software/inventory tool/policies
- Maintain and improve our AV/Conferencing suite
- First point of contact for IT Hardware and Software issues
Manage the integrity of information security
- Manage all systems that sit outside of the individual departments
- Working with teams to automate onboarding and offboarding processes, ensuring people are set up for success
Support Engineering with the service desk
- Triage tickets and manage access requests
- Work with the engineers and QA to resolve issues
Knowledge, skills and experience
Please be aware - this is our dream list of experiences. If you had everything on it, we wouldn’t think you were real!
- Passionate about technology and giving the best possible user experience to members of the company
- Experience with managing fleets of devices (Macs/Windows/Linux) with Mobile Device Management (MDM) technologies
- Experience with google admin tools to manage resources
- Good knowledge of secure IT infrastructure principles
- Ability to troubleshoot Mac, Windows or Linux and can bring this experience with you
- Working experience with one of the major cloud providers (GCP/AWS/Azure)
- Experience with AV conferencing setup
We trust you to know what’s needed to get the job done. That's why we work on a hybrid basis (2-3 days in the office per week), and we’ll work with you to make sure you have the right kit and the right environment for you to succeed. Plus we know it's not all about work! Check out some of the great benefits to joining the JustPark team below:
Investment in YOU and your wellbeing:
- Private Medical Insurance in partnership with Vitality. You’ll gain access to their rewards platform with discounts to top retailers including Apple, Peloton and more!
- Life Assurance in partnership with YuLife
- Gym membership discounts and fitness rewards
- Employee Assistance Provider - offering you (and your family) free confidential support and advice (e.g. counselling, legal or financial advice) for when you need it most.
- 24/7 virtual GP access
Simplifying journeys so YOU can breathe easier:
- Cycle to Work scheme - a highly tax efficient way to purchase your new bike!
- £50 JustPark parking credit per month
Recharge your batteries:
- FREE restaurant-quality lunch cooked by our very own chef and longest-standing employee (Julie!). Take time out to enjoy lunch with the wider team and check out her repertoire HERE
- Taking time off work to relax and recharge is important, that's why we have an generous holiday policy in place.
Our family looks out for your family:
- Childcare benefit in partnership with Koru Kids (up to £100 a month)
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity policies, plus a host of other family-friendly policies
Look after the pennies to grow the £££’s!:
- STOCK OPTIONS: We’re all working hard to multiply the company’s valuation, so you’ll have a share of the pie
- A salary exchange pension scheme, helping to look out for ‘the future you’.
- A generous ‘refer a friend’ scheme of £1000 per successful recommendation. Great people tend to know great people, so why not refer them to join for the ride!
Success is best when it’s shared!
- We love sharing in the success, therefore the whole company goes away once a quarter to learn about our goals and have an afternoon of fun team building
- Each department gets a budget of £50 per head every 6 months - relax and enjoy some time out of work with your colleagues
Something looks off?