Internship 2024 - Mechanical Engineer
Englewood, CO, USA
Posted on Friday, September 15, 2023
ispace, inc. is a global lunar resource development company with the vision, “Expand our Planet. Expand our Future.” specializing in designing and building lunar landers and rovers. ispace aims to extend the sphere of human life into space and create a sustainable world by providing high-frequency, low-cost transportation services to the Moon. The company has offices in Japan, Luxembourg, and the United States and is growing rapidly. ispace Technologies U.S., based in Englewood, Colorado, focuses on high-capacity payload lunar landers.
With locations in the U.S., Japan, and Europe, ispace is positioned to be a global leader in the exploration and development of the moon. Let's go to the moon together! Our team is growing, and we are actively looking for great people to join the ispace mission.
This application is open 9/14-10/13 or until maximum applicant capacity is reached.
ispace Technologies U.S., Inc. located in Englewood, Colorado is a looking for a highly motivated and talented Mechanical Engineering Intern to join our team for a minimum of 10 weeks during Summer 2023 (May-August).
The successful candidate will be capable of taking initiative and solving problems in a fast-paced environment. Candidates should possess the ability to effectively communicate and manage relationships to deliver results.
- Evaluate technical challenges and develop thorough resolution plans in coordination with engineering stakeholders
- Collaborate with other engineering disciplines as well as supply chain and business teams
- Complete and document design, analysis and/or testing using engineering best practices and procedures
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills / Experience)
- Must be actively pursuing Bachelor’s or higher degree in engineering or related technical field
- Proficiency in structural, fluid, and/or thermal statics and dynamics
- Familiarity with Microsoft products and engineering software (SolidWorks, MATLAB, Python, etc)
- Demonstrated experience solving engineering problems outside the classroom (ex: internships, extracurricular projects or teams, lab or research experience)
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills / Experience)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced design and development environment
- Capable of working both independently and in a team environment
- Strong coordination, organization, teaming and communication abilities
- Previous mechanical design and/or manufacturing experience
- Previous engineering internship experience (aerospace preferred)
Compensation and Additional Requirements
- Internship roles are non-exempt (overtime eligible, as authorized), hourly positions - $28/hr.
- Ability to work full-time (paid hourly) for a minimum of 10 weeks beginning in May or June 2022
- Ability to support in-person at our Denver, CO office for duration of internship
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
ispace is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with ispace is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Eligible candidates must be willing to undergo and successfully complete a criminal background screening prior to hire.
ispace Technologies, US, Inc. is a drug-free workplace.
ispace Technologies, US, Inc. participates in the E-Verify program.