Spaceflight Operations Engineer
Posted on Sunday, September 10, 2023
The ispace Mission Operations Team is seeking for engineers to participate in our lunar exploration missions, including the HAKUTO-R Mission 2 launching in 2024.The ideal candidate should have a broad experience in mission operations and ground segment in the space industry.
- Supporting Real Time Operations with periods of 24/7 (onshift and on call) during the different ispace missions.
- Development of the Operations engineering knowledge base
- Interfacing with all the other Ground Segment elements, integration team and spacecraft development team.
- Participation in verification readiness reviews and verification testing campaigns at unit and system level.
- Support the integration activities of the ispace Ground Segment.
- Support activities in the area of satellite database infrastructure configuration used by Mission Control applications.
- Support Operation Preparation activity (procedure development and testing).
- Support of the internal training preparation for the operations team as well as the Operator Certification Process.
- Participation in project reviews (e.g. SRR, PDR, CDR).
- Master's degree in Engineering, Physics, Mathematics or equivalent
- Three or more years’ experience in Spacecraft or payload operations
- Experience in programming in python
- Experience in procedures’ development, verification and validation activity
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Knowledge of Operational Products and Concepts
- Experience with supporting operations activities including LEOP, Commissioning, Routine for interplanetary missions
- Experience with ground stations and Mission Control System
- Experience with CFS
- Experience with displays development
- Experience with space standards