Senior Structural Design Engineer (m/f/d)
As part of the structural design team, you will be responsible for the design and development of the primary and secondary structures of the Spectrum launch vehicle. You will be involved in the assessment of existing and new design concepts and provide technical guidance to the other design engineers, while developing critical systems yourself. More specifically you will:
- Design and develop composite and metallic structures for the Spectrum launch vehicle
- Be responsible for the development of critical primary structures, respective interfaces and adjacent secondary structures
- Create specifications, CAD models, manufacturing drawings and design documentation o Work hand in hand with the structural analysis team for lightweight optimization
- Work hand in hand with the production and testing departments to verify, qualify and launch your designs
- Provide general guidance for the structural development
- Define and establish design standards and best practices
- Cooperate with production engineering to assure efficient design solutions
- Review designs and manufacturing drawings of the structures team
- Provide consultation for design challenges in the team
- Support the leadership with educated assumptions on schedule and resource planning
Who you are and what you have
- M.Sc. in Aerospace, Mechanical Engineering or similar
- At least 5 years of professional experience in aerospace structures design
- At least 5 years professional experience in aerospace systems and/or general structural design
- Excellent knowledge in lightweight and composite structures design
- Good knowledge of carbon composite manufacturing processes
- High level of pragmatism and focus on flexibility and efficiency of processes
- Organized and proactive with high attention to detail
- Fluent in English
Nice to have:
- Practical experience with propellant tank and pressure vessel design
- Practical experience in a launch vehicle development program
- Strong practical experience with SolidWorks or similar CAD software
- Strong experience in leading agile teams is a clear added value for our company
- 30 days holiday
- Subsidised lunch
- Individual learning budget
- Virtual company shares
- Wellpass Sport Clubs membership
- Customized company pension plan
Who we are
We are Isar Aerospace and we are at the forefront of New Space building a modern space business to enable faster, better and cheaper access to space.
Our mission is to help democratise space and use it for good in order to improve life on Earth now and for the future generations.
We are a fast-growing company aiming to provide sustainable and environmentally friendly launch solutions for small and medium-sized satellites and constellations into Low Earth Orbit. The company is privately funded by world-leading technology investors with strong commitment and support and our team is made of driven and talented people with a real passion for space innovation.
We're making rockets in a way that hasn't been done before disrupting a traditional industry. If you are up for the challenge, want to work on cutting-edge projects and be part of a team changing the world for better, come, join us and launch your career!
Want to find out more about us?