Sr. Project Manager for Gateway Avionic Systems (ID: ADV0007FT)
Are you passionate about human space exploration, understanding the origins of the universe, and working with a passionate and diverse team to make a difference? If you are, we need you!
We need your talent, teamwork, and energy to help us achieve great things that inspire people all over the globe. We need you to bring creative ideas and diverse backgrounds to help us envision, shape, and deliver systems that will enable the exploration of space while benefiting people here on Earth. We are excited about what we do, and we need you on our team as we take on exciting challenges for NASA’s pursuits in deep space exploration.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Sr. Project Manager for Gateway Avionic Systems to join our team with JETS II Teammate company, Intuitive Machines.
If selected, you will:
- Manage the full project of working with the NASA customer to oversee development, build, and integration of the Gateway Ready Avionics Integration Lab (GRAIL) Facility. The Lab is an avionics hardware and software integration and test facility for formal verification and validation of the function and performance of the overall Gateway avionics system across all modules and cross-program interfaces.
- Manage the team of experts in the GRAIL two major areas: the Test Operations Center (TOC) and the Avionics Test-Rig Area (ATA).
- The Sr Project Manager will manage the project schedule, procurement documentation, overall budget management including estimation within the company system and system requirements documents.
- Develop and support sub-project requirement and verification data packages.
- Manage the Project Team and perform issue management within the team.
- Work and present schedule and progress to both NASA JSC Customer and Program Customer.
- Participate in Systems Requirements Reviews, Preliminary & Critical Design Reviews, Technical Interchange Meetings, and peer reviews.
- Other duties as required.
Qualifications - External Requisition Qualifications:
This position has been posted at multiple levels. Depending on the candidate's experience, requirements, and business needs, we reserve the right to consider candidates at any level for which this position has been advertised.
- Typically, educational requirements are the equivalent of a BS with at least 15 years’ experience. Must have experience in a large integrated lab environment.
- Must have minimum of 10 years' experience with engineering management and project management.
- Should excel at understanding flight project schedule and modular hardware/software testing operations.
- Should excel at communication, risk management, scheduling, budgeting, team management.
- Should excel at Microsoft Project.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills along with the ability to work in a team environment.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and successfully complete a U.S. government background investigation.
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited engineering school.
- This is a multi-year fast paced schedule. Preferred candidate to have option of working evenings and/or weekends as needed to meet flight schedule as required.
- Past NASA experience or Military experience a plus.
Intuitive Machines is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO lawsand supplemental language