Software Engineering, Other Engineering
United Kingdom · Remote
Posted on Tuesday, May 23, 2023
Core competences should include: -
- Work alongside the Project Manager to define the HW/SW development cycle consistent with the overall project schedule (dependencies, co-engineering activities). • Tailoring the engineering environment (HW/SW process, practices and tools) according to Company and Project requirements.
- Allocating responsibilities to individual contributors, supporting execution of tasks, and reviewing deliverables
- Participating in the specification of the functions and interfaces of products to be developed.
- Participating in the definition of the architecture, and the allocation of functions, to the components for which they have primary responsibility.
- Use in-depth knowledge of best practices and engineering judgment to make data driven decisions or solve moderately complex tasks or problems in areas of development, manufacturing, technology or engineering. Takes new perspective on existing solutions.
- Support research of new technologies and development of novel solutions that provide the competitive advantages, within defined program constraints
- Acting as a technical resource and mentor for colleagues with less experience. • Experience with Certification and Qualification of Satellite Communication products. • Sound knowledge of all relevant regulations
- A comprehensive understand of Satellite Communication Terminals and Radio systems in general.
- A knowledge of underlying technologies, regulation, licensing and applications. • Working knowledge of RF, hardware and mechanical design, and software development.
- Working with cross functional teams and managing teams
- Explains difficult or sensitive information; works to build consensus. Developing persuasion skills required to influence others on topics within field.
- Keeping up to date on standards, and share the key developments with the wider team within Intellian.
- Delivering clear delivery plans and provide transparency on progress
- Responsible for managing and implementing the development direction through research, strategic planning, and implementation.
- Experience within Systems, Hardware or Electronics Engineering within a highly regulated environment, working with multi-discipline teams of engineers
- Experience of technical leadership of either small teams or programmes of work
- Hardware/Software delivery experience/knowledge would be desirable
- Engineering Development Lifecycle experience, ideally DDQS methodologies (Design, Develop, Qualify the Solution) but experience with alternative methodologies/tools would also be required.
- Desirable experience with Project tracking, ideally Jira but other agile management tools would be desirable
- Knowledge of Inmarsat and Iridium Satellite terminals desirable
See more open positions at Intellian Technology
Something looks off?