Sales Compensation Analyst/Manager (Part Time Contractor)
We're transforming the grocery industry
At Instacart, we invite the world to share love through food because we believe everyone should have access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. Where others see a simple need for grocery delivery, we see exciting complexity and endless opportunity to serve the varied needs of our community. We work to deliver an essential service that customers rely on to get their groceries and household goods, while also offering safe and flexible earnings opportunities to Instacart Personal Shoppers.
Instacart has become a lifeline for millions of people, and we’re building the team to help push our shopping cart forward. If you’re ready to do the best work of your life, come join our table.
Instacart is a Flex First team
There’s no one-size fits all approach to how we do our best work. Our employees have the flexibility to choose where they do their best work—whether it’s from home, an office, or your favorite coffee shop—while staying connected and building community through regular in-person events. Learn more about our flexible approach to where we work.
- We are seeking an independent consultant/contractor for a 20 hour per week engagement to help support the sales compensation team at Instacart, starting December for a 4 month duration with opportunity for extension based on mutual agreement.
- Open to experience levels at the Sr Sales Comp Analyst to Sales Compensation Manager level
- This role will report to our Director, Sales Compensation, and will have the unique opportunity to work across multiple aspects of sales compensation processes including Sales Incentive plans, monthly/quarterly order and sales bonus calculations, and analytics/reporting.
- Our team is fully remote friendly and are open to candidates working anywhere in the US with an ability to match PST working hours.
- Preferred contractor schedule is 8 AM - 12 PM PST Monday - Friday, but open to working flexibly with strong candidates.
- Hourly billable fee is $50/hour.
About the Job
- Assist in the rollout of sales compensations plans and new sales compensation processes including system suggestions/configurations for new plans
- Assist with administration of all aspects of the day-to-day operations of Xactly, ultimately leading to accurate and timely compensation payments
- Participate in design and user acceptance testing, and providing feedback and/or best practices for incentive systems integrations and enhancements to current automation
- Learn, maintain and provide input on changes to multiple systems that could potentially impact Instacart’s ability to process commissions
- Ability to reason through appropriate application of sales policies to in complex situations as well as being able to propose improvements and enhancements
- Research and respond to sales team and sales leaders for commission and incentive related issues, questions, or concerns
- Help calculate the monthly commission accrual, including variance analysis to actual payouts.
- Collaborate and partner across Sales, Sales Ops, Finance, Human Resources, and Legal to provide insights and resolve issues
- Assist with compliance initiatives including SOX reporting
- Ability to use critical thinking to analyze problems and proactively offer solutions
- Take on any ad hoc projects and process improvement initiatives
- Mandatory 3+ years of experience working with the Xactly’s Incent application
- Strong program/project management skills to drive initiatives; capable of taking a concept, building a plan, and running daily tasks to deliver successful outcomes.
- Analytical skills with the ability to interpret complex sales data, determine trends, and draw valid conclusions.
- Excellent change management, communication, and presentation skills with the ability to convey complex concepts clearly and concisely.
- 6+ years of increasing responsibility in a Sales Compensation experience
- Consulting experience a plus
- An understanding of the broader go-to-market strategy and how compensation drives sales behavior.
- Advanced G-sheet or Excel skills including the ability to analyze a large amount of information