Associate Licensing Manager
Remote · United States
Posted on Tuesday, September 12, 2023
About Indigo Ag
Indigo is leveraging science and technology to help improve the sustainability and profitability of the agriculture industry. Since 2013, we have pursued innovative ways for science and technology to drive sustainability and profitability in agriculture. With our mission, we are focused on four key principles:
1) Helping farmers enhance their profitability and soil health
2) Improving the quantity, quality, and traceability of the food available to consumers
3) Protecting the environment by reducing and removing harmful greenhouse gases from the atmosphere, while incentivizing sustainable land stewardship practices
4) Creating long-term value for our shareholders
Our people build partnerships, explore the science, and engineer the technology to help grow the future of sustainable agriculture. The only way to achieve it is through a unique combination of expertise – from Fortune 500 to academia, soil science and agriculture, to tech start-ups.
The Licensing Manager will work closely with Product Management, technical staff and Legal to present opportunities from the Indigo pipeline to external licensing partners and execute on transactions that are strategic and impactful to Indigo. This is a highly visible and strategic role within the organization. This role will require balanced focus on internal and external stakeholders to ensure new technology and commercial opportunities are realized. The primary deliverable will be moving new opportunities through the process to deliver on the business strategy
What You'll Do
- Manage relationship between Indigo and target crop input providers and/or seed companies
- Build partner specific strategies and presentations to promote Indigo products with external partners
- Build relationships with prospective licensing partners through virtual and face-to-face meetings
- Track partnership milestones and deliverables
- Coordinate biological product delivery and follow through for commercial partner field trialing
- Help create product profiles that specifically support successful out-licensing and provide guidance to internal R&D stakeholders
- Work with global licensing team to analyze potential partner profiles, estimate license market opportunity size and forecast future licensing revenue
- Work with legal to coordinate contractual agreements
- Research and develop networks in new markets that can benefit from Indigo products
- Stay abreast of biologicals industry trends and corporate M&A
- Expand product life-cycle by growing into other verticals
- Maintain a broad network of business development and licensing professionals
- Be proactive and innovative in developing new business opportunities for Indigo IP and execute deals to enable product testing and licensing
- Identify and facilitate new in-bound microbial product and related technology license opportunities
- Represent Indigo in external technology review meetings
- Work with Product Management and other R&D stakeholders to evaluate technology strategic fit
What You'll Bring
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field (Microbiology, Agronomy, Business, Life Sciences) with 4+ years relevant experience or graduate education (MBA or PhD)
- Experience in agriculture industry preferred
- A basic understanding of and/or exposure to intellectual property is required
- Experience working with multi-national team
- Willing to travel up to 20%
- Well-organized and has history of delivering results under ambiguity in a fast-paced environment
- Proven track record of managing licensing relationships
- Communicates seamlessly across R&D and Commercial business units
- Entrepreneurial mindset as it comes to creating partnerships with key decision makers and sourcing and identifying targeted technologies
- Able to prioritize tasks to achieve goals
- Flexible and able to shift priorities when needed
How We Will Take Care of You
- Base salary of $80,000 - $100,000 annually
- Equity options & annual cash incentives
- Generous paid time off, including 15 days of accrued PTO per year, 5 sick days, 5 floating holidays, and 12 annual company holidays as well as one week between Christmas and New Year’s for a company-wide annual break, parental leave, and bereavement leave.
- Robust wellness benefits for employees and their eligible dependents including medical, dental, vision, mental health, and basic life and disability insurance
- Optional benefits available include Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Health Savings Account (HSA), identity protection, accident, and hospital indemnity insurance
- 401K savings plan
At Indigo, we understand that talent is not a one-size-fits-all. We want candidates who are passionate about our mission and aligned with our Core Values. That’s why we encourage you to apply, even if you do not meet all the listed requirements above. So let us know what skills you bring to the table and how you will add to our culture!
Pay Transparency Statement
Indigo is committed to competitive and equitable pay for all employees. The listed pay range for this role is a good faith estimate of the hiring range for this position. Compensation offered will be determined based on several factors including an individual’s experience, qualifications, and geographic location.
All regular, full-time, permanent employees who work 30 hours or more each week are eligible to enroll in Indigo’s benefits. Additionally, all full-time employees and some part-time employees are eligible for paid time off as outlined above. Based on their role, employees may also be eligible to receive long-term equity incentives and annual cash incentives.
We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and team members. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation, and related medical conditions), national, social or ethnic origin, age, physical, mental or sensory disability, marital status, family or parental status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, family medical history or genetic information, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Indigo believes that diversity, equity, and inclusion among our team members are critical to our success. We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
If you’re applying for a job in the U.S. and need reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.