Business Development Representative (Espoo, Finland)
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Tuesday, November 14, 2023
- Business Development Representative
- Full Time
We are looking for an ambitious Business Development Representative to join our team! As a Business Development Representative, you will have a crucial role in supporting ICEYE's Insurance Solutions growth journey. You would be taking ownership of prospecting and lead generation of the appointed market and growing the business together with the Global Sales team!
Who are we?
We are a Finnish-based international New Space company with employees from more than 55 countries in Finland, the US, the UK, Spain, Luxembourg, and Poland. Our team is a tight-knit group of experts from areas including space engineering, software, geospatial analytics and insights.
We’re innovative, driven people who strive for excellence in everything we do. As advocates of our corporate culture, we value teamwork and curiosity and know how to have fun!
What do we do?
ICEYE is building and operating its commercial constellation of small Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) satellites with SAR data available to customers. Our satellites acquire images of Earth at any time – even when it’s cloudy or dark – providing commercial and government partners with unmatched persistent monitoring capabilities.
Information derived from our SAR images helps customers make data-driven decisions to address time-critical challenges in various sectors, such as maritime, disaster management, insurance, and finance.
What are we looking for?
To support the company’s growth, we continue to scale our Insurance Solutions team and are looking for a Business Development Representative to join our global Sales Team. You will report to the Head of Business Development and Strategic Account Manager in this position.
About the role
Our Insurance Solutions Team is focused on providing critical Natural Catastrophe insights & solutions to our private sector clients to help enhance nat/cat peril management & business growth capabilities. Working closely with the local Strategic Account Managers and rest of the Global Sales team, you will work across the existing solutions team to support ICEYE’s future sales strategy and success.
You will have a critical role in supporting the insurance sector sales pipeline and lead generation within your respective region. This is a perfect early career opportunity that will give you a broad understanding of the international insurance market and its most important players and financing structures. You would gain opportunities and deep knowledge in the field of private insurance, commercial & specialty insurance, reinsurance, ILS and parametric insurance.
At ICEYE, we are a small company with big ambitions. We seek driven and entrepreneurial spirits to grow our insurance solutions business, ensure client success, and work effectively across a diverse team.
You will be responsible for lead generation from the relationships you establish with senior managers, executives and SMEs in P&C insurance companies; with a particular focus on those involved in the management of the insurer’s response to large natural catastrophe events. This will include people who work in Claims, Underwriting, Actuarial, Reinsurance and Risk management. community
You will work closely and take direction from the account owning strategic sales account manager. You will be responsible for conducting target account research and the continuous monitoring of relevant changes. You will also work with Marketing to ensure message alignment and actively assist the marketing team in the creation and execution of Account Based Marketing strategies and tactics.
Business Development Representative duties and responsibilities
- Developing and maintaining relationships to achieve lead generation goals
- Generate leads through outbound prospect customer outreach
- Nurture and grow Marketing Qualified Leads into Sales Qualified Leads
- Meeting and exceeding sales quotas
- Participate in related topics online communities
- Target account research and change monitoring
- Develop and document competitor intelligence
- Prepare Events and Secure Meetings in advance.
- Ideally a Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing or related field
- Ideally experience in sales or marketing position
- Proficiency in MS Office or equivalent
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Use of CRM & Marketing tools - e.g. SalesForce, Hubspot, Zoominfo, Intent monitoring platforms
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to deliver results
- Strong time management and organisational skills
- Ability to identify opportunities and to develop and implement effective sales strategies
- Agility to adopt new marketing messages
- Ability to learn quickly and the determination to build a successful career in sales.
- A job that matters in a dynamic New Space environment with a scale-up approach
- An independent role with a supportive and diverse work environment
- Time for self-development, research, training, conferences, or certification schemes
- Inspiring and collaborating offices
Diversity& inclusion are core values at ICEYE. We are passionate about building and sustaining inclusive and equitable working and learning environments for all staff. Every team member enriches our diversity by exposing us to various ways to understand and engage with the world, identify challenges, and discover, design, and deliver solutions.
Is this the role for you? Apply now to start your journey with ICEYE.
We are making the impossible possible together.