Senior Software Engineer
Who are we?
We are a Finnish-based international New Space company with employees from more than 57 nationalities. Our team is a tight-knit group of experts from areas including engineering, software development, and radar technology. We’re innovative, driven people who strive for excellence in everything we do. Being advocates of our corporate culture, we value teamwork and curiosity, and we know how to have fun!
What do we do?
ICEYE is building and operating its commercial constellation of small Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) satellites with SAR data available to customers. Our satellites acquire images of Earth at any time – even when it’s cloudy or dark – providing commercial and government partners with unmatched persistent monitoring capabilities. Information derived from our SAR images helps customers make data-driven decisions to address time-critical challenges in various sectors, such as maritime, disaster management, insurance, and finance.
What are we looking for?
To support the growth of the company, we are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to support our ICEYE Analytics in the Helsinki area, Finland. ICEYE Analytics is responsible for building solutions that enable near-real-time assessment of the impact of global natural catastrophes and geophysical change using remote sensing technology. These solutions empower end users to quantitatively make timely actions for event characterization, assessment, and response during stressful and uncertain times.
About the role
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will bring rigor, consistency, new ideas, and execution to the Geospatial Data team. You will help to architect and deploy fast, efficient, and scalable geospatial data services and pipelines. You will have an impact on ICEYE Solutions through a combination of applying your expertise and your ability to both execute within a team and elevate the team through collaboration and best practices. Depending on the experience, this role could evolve into a Team Leadership role.
- You will develop and improve data-related services for Natural Catastrophe Solutions Products.
- You will implement scalable data pipelines and cloud storage solutions to interact with heavy, multidimensional geospatial data.
- You will build the services on our AWS data infrastructure.
- Create common practices and share knowledge with Software Engineers in our domain and in the product teams.
- You have +5 years of expertise in data engineering.
- You have experience working with data versioning and archiving.
- You have previous experience implementing data services.
- You are proficient with relational databases serving large volumes of data.
- You are proficient in object-oriented programming languages (we are strongly powered by Python).
- Our software is powered with Kubernetes in AWS, so proficiency in these platforms or similar and cloud infrastructure is essential.
- You have a strong dedication to code quality, automation, and operational excellence: CI/CD pipelines, unit/integration tests.
- You put Agile values into practice every day.
- You support knowledge sharing and advocate for open and constructive feedback.
- You are able to effectively collaborate with cross-functional partners and explain sophisticated technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- You are comfortable finding your own way and live well in the continuous stream of change that is inevitable in a start-up that is scaling quickly.
- Experience with geospatial data is a plus.
- A job that matters in a dynamic New Space environment with a scale-up approach.
- An independent role with a supportive and diverse work environment.
- Occupational healthcare, occupational and private insurance.
- A yearly benefit budget to spend as you wish (i.e. on sport, transport, wellness, lunch, etc.).
- Relocation support (i.e. flight tickets, accommodation, relocation assistance) is Optional if the job requires it.
- Time for self-development, research, training, conferences, or certification schemes, including access to a company-paid language course.
- Inspiring and collaborating offices and silent workspaces enable you to focus.
- A wide variety of the best coffee, tea, snacks, and sweets to accompany your daily space mission.
Diversity & inclusion are core values at ICEYE. We are passionate about building and sustaining inclusive and equitable working and learning environments for all staff. We believe every member of our team enriches our diversity by exposing us to a broad range of ways to understand and engage with the world, identify challenges, and discover, design, and deliver solutions.
Could this be the role for you? Apply now to start your journey with ICEYE.
We are making the impossible possible together.