Title: Sales Agent
Location: Austin, TX and/or Dallas, TX
Reports To: Team Lead, Agency Sales
Start Date: April 8th, 2024
Our mission is to deliver intuitive and proactive protection for homeowners, combining the power of technology with a human touch.
Hippo built the world’s first home protection platform. We believe that insurance should protect your home and the things you treasure with policies designed for modern lives and proactive protection that helps you care for your home. Our aim is to help you avoid issues before they become costly problems because the best claims experience is the one you don’t have. Simply put, Hippo exists to protect the joy of homeownership.
About this Role:
Hippo is looking for an experienced Personal Lines Insurance Agent to join our exciting and quickly expanding team with a start date of April 8th, 2024. As a Sales Agent within our Agency Sales team, you will help prospective clients secure insurance coverage for their homeowners, auto, flood, and a variety of other products as a trusted advisor. You will be licensed and appointed to sell on behalf of Hippo and several other partner carriers across a majority of states in the U.S. ***Uncapped Commission***No Lead Generation is Required***
What You’ll Do:
- Sell personal lines insurance products across multiple carriers
- Identify opportunities to cross-sell additional products
- Provide superb customer experiences via chat, phone, and e-mail interactions
- Maximize lead volume and pipeline through call activity (both inbound and outbound) each day
- Identify customer needs, efficiently navigate systems to present options, and counsel/sell the best options for each customer across a variety of carriers and lines of business
- Thoroughly explain coverage details and assist customers through the purchasing experience
- Meet/Exceed sales targets established each month
- 3+ years of sales experience
- Current and active resident license for Property & Casualty or Personal Lines highly preferred
- Experience quoting multiple lines of insurance highly preferred
- Ability to obtain and keep required licenses across all states required
- Exceptional client support
- Self-motivated and directed; the ability to collaborate, but you will be autonomous and expected to succeed without heavy direction
- Strong intellectual curiosity and a desire to help others solve problems
- Flexible and willing to do what is needed to get great work done
- A natural inclination to work within a culture that is fast-paced and dynamic
Benefits and Perks:
Hippo treats its team members with the same level of dedication and care as we do our customers, which is why we’re fortunate to provide all our Hippos with:
- Healthy Hippos Benefits – Multiple medical plans to choose from and 100% employer covered dental and vision plans for our team members and their families. We also offer a 401(k) retirement plan, short & long-term disability, employer-paid life insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) for health and dependent care, and an Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Training and Career Growth – Training and internal career growth opportunities
- Flexible Time Off - You know when and how you should recharge.
- Little Hippos Program - We offer 12 weeks of parental leave for primary and secondary caregiver.
Hippo is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
Hippo’s applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to an applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Hippo applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Hippo’s People Team to make the need for an accommodation known.