Product Manager - Consumer Mobile App, Discover
We created Upside to help communities thrive! Our retail technology uses the sophistication of online retail—profit measurement, attribution, and incrementality—to provide users with more value on their everyday purchases and brick and mortar businesses with new, profitable customers. We’ve helped millions of users earn 2 to 3 times more cash back than any other product, and tens of thousands of brick and mortar businesses earn measurable profit. Billions of dollars in commerce run through the Upside platform every year, and that value goes directly back to our local retailers, the consumers they serve, and towards important sustainability initiatives.
Upside was named on Deloitte's 2021 & 2022 list of Fastest Growing 500 Tech Companies and #308 in Inc.’s America’s fastest growing private companies of 2022. Upside’s Series D funding round was led by General Catalyst with a $1.5 billion valuation in March 2022. Other notable investors include Bessemer Ventures and Formation8.
Our mission, values, and commitment to inclusivity guide our team of more than 350 people worldwide, and the quality of our culture is reflected in the impact we’ve had on communities nationwide. But don’t just take our word for it! In 2023, Upside was included as a Top Workplace in the USA, received six Best Places to Work awards from Built In, and was named a Top Workplace for Perks & Culture by The Muse.
Meet the Product Management team:
Upside is growing our product management team and looking for the right individual to join us. Our product team is made up of individuals with a diverse set of experiences, all working together to create a better world for consumers and merchants. We believe in creativity, partnership, experimentation, and data-driven decisions so we can ultimately make a difference through our product.
About the Job:
Upside has millions of users that use our app and partner apps to find the best offers across fuel, restaurants, and grocery. We want to elevate our consumer experience to ensure we’re providing users with choice and value at every point.. We are looking for a Product Manager who will focus on building world-class experiences to make our users even happier.
What you'll do:
- Lead a cross-functional team of partners to set a product vision, define a roadmap, build and deliver mobile app features that increase usage, retention, and reactivation.
- Deeply understand our users by collaborating with our research and insights function within our design team.
- Level up the core flows in the mobile app to reduce friction for users to claim offers across all verticals, earn cash back, and cash out.
- Drive broader adoption across verticals (e.g., gas, restaurant, grocery) to increase transactions per user per month and overall retention.
- Collaborate with the team focused on user acquisition and conversion to create a cohesive, end-to-end user experience.
- Lead an experimentation agenda in conjunction with the Data Science team, developing hypotheses, running A/B and pre/post experiments, and documenting results to drive improvements to user retention, referral, and reactivation.
What you need:
- 6+ years of product management experience.
- BA/BS degree in a quantitative field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience building B2C mobile apps.
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical, and influencing skills, with proven ability to take initiative and build strong, productive relationships.
- Strong user empathy, with an ability to transform complex data and customer insights into product vision and a prioritized roadmap.
- Experience working in a metrics and experimentation driven organization.
- Experience partnering with cross-functional teams of engineers, designers, sales, marketing, operations, and data scientists to deliver extraordinary products.
- Exceptional communication skills, both within your team, with leadership, and stakeholders.
The fine print:
- Location: This is a hybrid role.
- Notice to recruiters and placement agencies: This is an in-house search with a dedicated recruiter. Please do not submit resumes to any person or email address at Upside. Upside is not liable for, and will not pay, placement fees for candidates submitted by any party or agency other than its approved recruitment partners.
At Upside, we believe that diversity drives innovation. Our differences are what makes us stronger. We‘re passionate about building a workplace that represents a variety of backgrounds, skills, and perspectives and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Everyone is welcome here. Come join us!