Executive Assistant to the President
We created Upside to help communities thrive! Our retail technology uses the sophistication of online retail—profit measurement, attribution, and incrementality—to provide users with more value on their everyday purchases and brick and mortar businesses with new, profitable customers. We’ve helped millions of users earn 2 to 3 times more cash back than any other product, and tens of thousands of brick and mortar businesses earn measurable profit. Billions of dollars in commerce run through the Upside platform every year, and that value goes directly back to our local retailers, the consumers they serve, and towards important sustainability initiatives.
Upside was named on Deloitte's 2021 & 2022 list of Fastest Growing 500 Tech Companies and #308 in Inc.’s America’s fastest growing private companies of 2022. Upside’s Series D funding round was led by General Catalyst with a $1.5 billion valuation in March 2022. Other notable investors include Bessemer Ventures and Formation8.
Our mission, values, and commitment to inclusivity guide our team of more than 350 people worldwide, and the quality of our culture is reflected in the impact we’ve had on communities nationwide. But don’t just take our word for it! In 2023, Upside was included as a Top Workplace in the USA, received six Best Places to Work awards from Built In, and was named a Top Workplace for Perks & Culture by The Muse.
About the Role
This role will support our President of the Go To Market, with the potential to support additional executives over time. Primary duties include inbox and calendar management, travel coordination, expense processing, and project management, as well as supporting the larger GTM team's day-to-day operational needs. The ideal candidate is comfortable wearing many hats, multiple times a day. We're looking for a strong administrator and operator who is flexible about supporting other business functions as needed given our small team. You'll act as the point-person for the team's administrative needs and questions as well as support the other EAs with recognizing birthday & anniversary celebrations, as well as coordinate other company-wide events, as needed. This role will also oversee office administration for both our NYC and Chicago offices (ordering food, coordinating events, etc.).
What you need:
- A bachelor’s degree is required.
- 6+ years of experience supporting a C-Suite Executive.
- Familiarity with coordination across complicated schedules and multiple time zones.
- Extensive experience using office software and administrative tools such as Google Suite, Slack, Salesforce, and working within a MacBook environment (we don’t use Windows operating systems or PCs!)
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills. You can draft concise emails, and you won’t hesitate to make or answer calls on the President - or Upside's - behalf.
- A comfortability with representing your company outwardly - we can expect you to respond to top executives and Upside's customers alike with eloquence and empathy.
- Other people describe you as enthusiastic, kind, and extremely trustworthy – you know how to work with great integrity.
- You have an eye for detail and an intrinsic drive to create order out of chaos.
- You’re resourceful and take ownership over tasks end-to-end. You rarely get stuck; if you do, you pick up the phone and figure out how to get unstuck. You give and take feedback well and prefer clear and honest communication.
The fine print:
- Location: This role will sit in our NYC office in the Flatiron District on a hybrid basis.
- Notice to recruiters and placement agencies: This is an in-house search with a dedicated recruiter. Please do not submit resumes to any person or email address at Upside. Upside is not liable for, and will not pay, placement fees for candidates submitted by any party or agency other than its approved recruitment partners.
At Upside, we believe that diversity drives innovation. Our differences are what makes us stronger. We‘re passionate about building a workplace that represents a variety of backgrounds, skills, and perspectives and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Everyone is welcome here. Come join us!