Waterloo, ON, Canada
Posted on Thursday, September 14, 2023
Who we are:
Geotab ® is a global leader in IoT and connected transportation and certified “Great Place to Work™.” We are a company of diverse and talented individuals who work together to help businesses grow and succeed, and increase the safety and sustainability of our communities.
Geotab is advancing security, connecting commercial vehicles to the internet and providing web-based analytics to help customers better manage their fleets. Geotab’s open platform and Geotab Marketplace ®, offering hundreds of third-party solution options, allows both small and large businesses to automate operations by integrating vehicle data with their other data assets. Processing billions of data points a day, Geotab leverages data analytics and machine learning to improve productivity, optimize fleets through the reduction of fuel consumption, enhance driver safety and achieve strong compliance to regulatory changes.
Our team is growing and we’re looking for people who follow their passion, think differently and want to make an impact. Ours is a fast paced, ever changing environment. Geotabbers accept that challenge and are willing to take on new tasks and activities - ones that may not always be described in the initial job description. Join us for a fulfilling career with opportunities to innovate, great benefits, and our fun and inclusive work culture. Reach your full potential with Geotab. To see what it’s like to be a Geotabber, check out our blog and follow us @InsideGeotab on Instagram. Join our talent network to learn more about job opportunities and company news.
Who you are:
We are always looking for amazing talent who can contribute to our growth and deliver results! Geotab is seeking a Vehicle Coordinator who will be responsible for facilitating seamless access to vehicles required for efficient development, troubleshooting and project execution. If you love technology, and are keen to join an industry leader — we would love to hear from you!
What you'll do:
The Vehicle Coordinator will collaborate with engineering teams, technical project managers, internal departments, as well as external partners, customers, and OEMs. The Vehicle Coordinator's expertise in coordinating vehicle-related activities, combined with proficiency in using common project management tools, ensures smooth cross team operations and minimizes process waiting time. To be successful in this role you will be a self-starter with strong written and verbal communication skills, and have the ability to quickly understand complex, technical concepts.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Collaborate closely with engineering teams and technical project managers to understand vehicle requirements for development, testing, and troubleshooting.
- Liaise with internal teams, customers, partners, and OEMs to secure timely vehicle access for project needs.
- Proactively plan and anticipate vehicle access needs based on project timelines and technical requirements.
- Efficiently schedule and allocate vehicles using tools like Google Docs, Sheets, and Calendar.
- Utilize project management skills to prioritize conflicting vehicle access requests and resolve scheduling conflicts.
- Develop a foundational understanding of engineering projects and technical requirements to accurately assess vehicle needs.
- Communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders regarding vehicle access status, changes, and requirements.
- Address ad hoc vehicle access requests promptly and find solutions for scheduling challenges.
- Propose and implement process optimizations to enhance vehicle access coordination efficiency.
- Maintain accurate records of vehicle assignments, usage, and related information.
What you’ll bring to this role:
- Post-Secondary Degree/Diploma in Business Administration, Logistics or related field.
- Experience in coordination, project management, or logistics.
- Established working relationships with fleets, fleet managers, and maintenance supervisors.
- Proficiency in using tools such as Google Docs, Sheets, and Calendar.
- Experienced with ticketing systems such as JIRA.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to collaborate with diverse teams and external partners.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and adapt in a fast-paced environment.
- Familiarity with various vehicle types and a general understanding of the automotive industry.
If you got this far, we hope you're feeling excited about this role! Even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply.
Please note: Geotab does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Geotab employees.
Why job seekers choose Geotab:
Work from home and flex work arrangements
Home office reimbursement program
Baby bonus & parental leave top up program
Online learning and networking opportunities
Electric vehicle purchase incentive program
Competitive medical and dental benefits
Retirement savings program
*The above are offered to full-time permanent employees only
How we work:
At Geotab, we have adopted a flexible first working model in that we have systems, functions, programs and policies in place to support both in-person and virtual work. However, you are welcomed and encouraged to come into our beautiful, safe, clean offices as often as you like. When working from home, you are required to have a reliable internet connection with at least 50mb DL/10mb UL. Virtual work is supported with cloud-based applications, collaboration tools and asynchronous working. The health and safety of employees are a top priority. We encourage work-life balance and keep the Geotab culture going strong with online social events, chat rooms and gatherings. Join us and help reshape the future of technology!
We believe that ensuring diversity is fundamental to our future growth and progress and is an integral part of our business. We believe that success happens where new ideas can flourish – in an environment that is rich in diversity and a place where people from various backgrounds can work together. Geotab encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to accommodating people with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment processes and when people are hired. We will ensure the accessibility needs of employees with disabilities are taken into account as part of performance management, career development, training and redeployment processes. If you require accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information about our diversity and inclusion as well as accommodation policies and practices, please contact us at email@example.com. Click here to learn more about what happens with your personal data.