Senior Pricing Manager
Marketing & Communications
Oakville, ON, Canada
Posted on Sunday, September 10, 2023
Who we are:
Geotab ® is a global leader in IoT and connected transportation and certified “Great Place to Work™.” We are a company of diverse and talented individuals who work together to help businesses grow and succeed, and increase the safety and sustainability of our communities.
Geotab is advancing security, connecting commercial vehicles to the internet and providing web-based analytics to help customers better manage their fleets. Geotab’s open platform and Geotab Marketplace ®, offering hundreds of third-party solution options, allows both small and large businesses to automate operations by integrating vehicle data with their other data assets. Processing billions of data points a day, Geotab leverages data analytics and machine learning to improve productivity, optimize fleets through the reduction of fuel consumption, enhance driver safety and achieve strong compliance to regulatory changes.
Our team is growing and we’re looking for people who follow their passion, think differently and want to make an impact. Ours is a fast paced, ever changing environment. Geotabbers accept that challenge and are willing to take on new tasks and activities - ones that may not always be described in the initial job description. Join us for a fulfilling career with opportunities to innovate, great benefits, and our fun and inclusive work culture. Reach your full potential with Geotab. To see what it’s like to be a Geotabber, check out our blog and follow us @InsideGeotab on Instagram. Join our talent network to learn more about job opportunities and company news.
Who you are:
We are always looking for amazing talent who can contribute to our growth and deliver results! Geotab is seeking a Senior Pricing Manager who will help develop and implement pricing strategies for Geotab service offerings. This position provides expertise to the Sales team, resellers, and customers on reseller agreements and pricing amendments. If you love technology, and are keen to join an industry leader — we would love to hear from you!
What you’ll do:
As a Senior Pricing Manager your key area of responsibility will be managing, prioritizing, reviewing, and approving all requests for non-standard pricing. You will also need to manage pricedesk requests and create meaningful reporting to analyze pricing requests. You will provide expert project leadership and guidance to the team as a Subject Matter Expert. You will need to work closely with Geotab’s Sales, Sales Operations, Marketing, and Accounts Receivable teams. To be successful in this role you will be a self-starter with strong analytical skills, excellent communication skills, sound business acumen, and strong problem solving skills.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Manage, prioritize, review and approve:
- All requests for non-standard pricing
- Multiple reseller RFP requests for non-standard pricing
- Changes in standard pricing models
- Changes in regional pricing models
- All reseller credit requests
- Credit terms offered in reseller agreement or pricing amendment
- Develop Salesforce ticketing process in managing pricedesk requests and create meaningful reporting to analyze pricing requests.
- Utilize Salesforce ticketing system to assign and prioritize cases and ensure that they are closed in a timely manner.
- Recommend special pricing to be applied to obsolete or slow moving inventory.
- Participate in meetings with internal departments to complete agreements, pricing models and amendments.
- Maintain and standardize hardware pricing, rate plans and feature plans.
- Communicate with AR and Marketing Teams about non-standard pricing that is implemented.
- Collaborate with Finance and MyAdmin team to implement changes in GMS/MyAdmin/Dynamics.
- Responsible for ARPU changes and hardware margins changes.
- Provide expert project leadership and guidance to team as SME.
- Guide the activities of the team:
- Act as the subject matter expert to provide direction, coaching, and mentorship to the team.
- Engage in the development of the team by coaching, providing feedback, identifying areas of growth and training opportunities.
- Support Geotab global strategic initiatives.
What you’ll bring to this role:
- 5-8 years experience as a Pricing Analyst.
- Post-Secondary Diploma/Degree specialization in Commerce, Finance, Accounting or a related field highly valued.
- Understanding of integrated supply chain and logistics concepts and theories.
- Exceptional forecasting ability.
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to problem solve to well-judged decisions.
- Superior research and analytical skills.
- High accuracy and meticulous attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal relationship building skills.
- Strong project management skills; able to identify needs, develop effective solutions and manage projects through to completion.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strategic mindset, has a keen sense of priorities, along with an ability to pivot as the landscape changes.
- A strong team-player with the ability to engage with all levels of the organization.
- Technical competence using software programs, including, but not limited to, Google Suite for business (Sheets, Docs, Slides) and Excel.
If you got this far, we hope you're feeling excited about this role! Even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply.
Please note: Geotab does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Geotab employees.
Why job seekers choose Geotab:
Work from home and flex work arrangements
Home office reimbursement program
Baby bonus & parental leave top up program
Online learning and networking opportunities
Electric vehicle purchase incentive program
Competitive medical and dental benefits
Retirement savings program
*The above are offered to full-time permanent employees only
How we work:
At Geotab, we have adopted a flexible first working model in that we have systems, functions, programs and policies in place to support both in-person and virtual work. However, you are welcomed and encouraged to come into our beautiful, safe, clean offices as often as you like. When working from home, you are required to have a reliable internet connection with at least 50mb DL/10mb UL. Virtual work is supported with cloud-based applications, collaboration tools and asynchronous working. The health and safety of employees are a top priority. We encourage work-life balance and keep the Geotab culture going strong with online social events, chat rooms and gatherings. Join us and help reshape the future of technology!
We believe that ensuring diversity is fundamental to our future growth and progress and is an integral part of our business. We believe that success happens where new ideas can flourish – in an environment that is rich in diversity and a place where people from various backgrounds can work together. Geotab encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to accommodating people with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment processes and when people are hired. We will ensure the accessibility needs of employees with disabilities are taken into account as part of performance management, career development, training and redeployment processes. If you require accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information about our diversity and inclusion as well as accommodation policies and practices, please contact us at email@example.com. Click here to learn more about what happens with your personal data.