PLM Manager (Remote)
Posted on Thursday, September 7, 2023
Who we are:
Geotab ® is a global leader in IoT and connected transportation and certified “Great Place to Work™.” We are a company of diverse and talented individuals who work together to help businesses grow and succeed, and increase the safety and sustainability of our communities.
Geotab is advancing security, connecting commercial vehicles to the internet and providing web-based analytics to help customers better manage their fleets. Geotab’s open platform and Geotab Marketplace ®, offering hundreds of third-party solution options, allows both small and large businesses to automate operations by integrating vehicle data with their other data assets. Processing billions of data points a day, Geotab leverages data analytics and machine learning to improve productivity, optimize fleets through the reduction of fuel consumption, enhance driver safety and achieve strong compliance to regulatory changes.
Our team is growing and we’re looking for people who follow their passion, think differently and want to make an impact. Ours is a fast paced, ever changing environment. Geotabbers accept that challenge and are willing to take on new tasks and activities - ones that may not always be described in the initial job description. Join us for a fulfilling career with opportunities to innovate, great benefits, and our fun and inclusive work culture. Reach your full potential with Geotab. To see what it’s like to be a Geotabber, check out our blog and follow us @InsideGeotab on Instagram. Join our talent network to learn more about job opportunities and company news.
Who you are:
We are always looking for amazing talent who can contribute to our growth and deliver results! Geotab is seeking a Product-Lifecycle Manager who will oversee the implementation, administration, maintenance and optimization of the Product-Lifecycle Management (PLM) system at Geotab. If you love technology, and are keen to join an industry leader — we would love to hear from you!
What you’ll do:
As a Product-Lifecycle Manager you will oversee interactions with suppliers, and stay up-to-date on industry trends to drive continuous improvement in product development and manufacturing processes. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify business goals and initiatives to optimize the efficiency of our Propel PLM system. Additionally, you will configure workflows, delegates access, and acts as a subject-matter expert to provide training and support to all authorized users.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams, to align and configure the PLM system with Geotab’s business needs and processes.
- Leads the customization and integration of the PLM system with other software and tools such Dynamics (ERP), Salesforce, Google Big Query and other internal systems.
- Audits PLM system data and ensures data is accurate, organized and easily accessible for its users.
- Trouble-shoots and resolves any software and feature related issues.
- Performs regular maintenance updates on the PLM system to ensure the latest features and security patches are integrated seamlessly.
- Installs and configures the PLM system (e.g., settings, parameters) for authorized users.
- Report on product performance metrics, department usage, errors and issues, ECO breakdowns to leadership.
- Acts as Subject Matter Expert for Geotab’s PLM software.
- Trains PLM system users to effectively use and manage the system and its data (e.g., data entries, workflows, collaboration features).
- Educates PLM system users on the latest software improvements, updates and features.
- Manages vendor relationships for the PLM software.
What you’ll bring to this role:
- 3-5 years of experience managing product life cycle/PLM system type projects.
- 3-5 years experience integrating, configuring and managing a PLM software (e.g., Propel PLM).
- Understanding of the product lifecycle including product development, manufacturing and change control processes within the industry.
- Experience optimizing and streamlining product development processes, identifying and implementing improvements.
- Ability to navigate and leverage the capabilities of the chosen PLM software.
- Experience leading and collaborating on projects with Product Development, Engineering, Manufacturing, Quality Assurance and Supply Chain.
- Ability to build and manage strong vendor relationships.
- Excellent leadership, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to problem solve to make well-judged decisions.
- Able to work well under pressure and respond to fast changing priorities and deadlines.
If you got this far, we hope you're feeling excited about this role! Even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply.
Please note: Geotab does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Geotab employees.
Why job seekers choose Geotab:
Work from home and flex work arrangements
Home office reimbursement program
Baby bonus & parental leave top up program
Online learning and networking opportunities
Electric vehicle purchase incentive program
Competitive medical and dental benefits
Retirement savings program
*The above are offered to full-time permanent employees only
How we work:
At Geotab, we have adopted a flexible first working model in that we have systems, functions, programs and policies in place to support both in-person and virtual work. However, you are welcomed and encouraged to come into our beautiful, safe, clean offices as often as you like. When working from home, you are required to have a reliable internet connection with at least 50mb DL/10mb UL. Virtual work is supported with cloud-based applications, collaboration tools and asynchronous working. The health and safety of employees are a top priority. We encourage work-life balance and keep the Geotab culture going strong with online social events, chat rooms and gatherings. Join us and help reshape the future of technology!
We believe that ensuring diversity is fundamental to our future growth and progress and is an integral part of our business. We believe that success happens where new ideas can flourish – in an environment that is rich in diversity and a place where people from various backgrounds can work together. Geotab encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to accommodating people with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment processes and when people are hired. We will ensure the accessibility needs of employees with disabilities are taken into account as part of performance management, career development, training and redeployment processes. If you require accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information about our diversity and inclusion as well as accommodation policies and practices, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Click here to learn more about what happens with your personal data.