Solutions Engineering - Strategic Global Accounts (Remote)
Posted on Wednesday, May 24, 2023
Who we are:
Geotab ® is a global leader in IoT and connected transportation and certified “Great Place to Work™.” We are a company of diverse and talented individuals who work together to help businesses grow and succeed, and increase the safety and sustainability of our communities.
Geotab is advancing security, connecting commercial vehicles to the internet and providing web-based analytics to help customers better manage their fleets. Geotab’s open platform and Geotab Marketplace ®, offering hundreds of third-party solution options, allows both small and large businesses to automate operations by integrating vehicle data with their other data assets. Processing billions of data points a day, Geotab leverages data analytics and machine learning to improve productivity, optimize fleets through the reduction of fuel consumption, enhance driver safety and achieve strong compliance to regulatory changes.
Our team is growing and we’re looking for people who follow their passion, think differently and want to make an impact. Ours is a fast paced, ever changing environment. Geotabbers accept that challenge and are willing to take on new tasks and activities - ones that may not always be described in the initial job description. Join us for a fulfilling career with opportunities to innovate, great benefits, and our fun and inclusive work culture. Reach your full potential with Geotab. To see what it’s like to be a Geotabber, check out our blog and follow us @InsideGeotab on Instagram. Join our talent network to learn more about job opportunities and company news.
Who you are:
We are always looking for amazing talent who can contribute to our growth and deliver results! Geotab is seeking a Solutions Engineer who is technically oriented, yet has the passion and skills to explain complex technical concepts to Geotab customers. The Solutions Engineer will organize and own key integration projects for Geotab customers and partners. If you love technology, are passionate about creating best-in-class business solutions, and are keen to join an industry leader — we would love to hear from you!
What you’ll do:
As a Solutions Engineer in Strategic Global Accounts, you will become familiar with all areas of the Geotab product suite, and contribute to pre-sales opportunities and follow the projects to completion throughout ongoing engagements in the post sales environment. You will be engaged from the start on exciting new opportunities and challenges to expand Geotab’s footprint in the telematics industry. Day-to-day, you will be responsible for assisting the Geotab Sales team in pre-sales opportunities, running product pilots, using the technical expertise to drive business cases and responding to both internal and external inquiries. You will leverage your knowledge in all aspects of the Geotab product suite to devise and build out of the box solutions to exceed end-user expectations. This role will also support requests for both software and hardware product integrations. You will need to work closely with Geotab's Sales, Software Development, Embedded Systems, Automotive, Engineering Support, Global Business Office, Signature and Partner Account Management teams, among others. To be successful in this position, you will be a strong multi-tasker with excellent time management skills, to properly monitor and prioritize various projects. This position involves travel to on-site locations in order to provide in-person support to customers where necessary.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Develop and maintain comprehensive knowledge of the Geotab ecosystem, serving as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) to empower end-users and enhance their understanding of Geotab solutions.
- Engage and collaborate with customers to optimize their utilization of Geotab's technology, products, and solutions, tailoring the approach to meet their specific needs.
- Participate in and contribute to integration projects, working closely with partners, third-party integrators, and customers to ensure seamless implementation and deployment.
- Assess and analyze customer business challenges, identifying Geotab’s viability and proposing alternative approaches when necessary.
- Assist in the design, development, and maintenance of new Geotab products, contributing to the continuous improvement of the company's offerings.
- Create and optimize data-driven dashboards for cross-functional use, facilitating informed decision-making and efficient collaboration.
- Provide prompt and accurate technical support to sales teams, addressing inquiries and resolving issues to ensure client satisfaction.
- Collaborate with the Geotab Sales team to identify and deliver effective solutions for customer challenges, contributing to sales growth and customer retention.
What you’ll bring to this role:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or other Technology related field.
- 3+ years experience in a technical sales or account management position.
- Strong aptitude for understanding technical and business requirements.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Experience with OBD and/or SAE vehicle standards is an asset.
- Experience with engine communication protocols.
- Ability to travel 20% of the time.
If you got this far, we hope you're feeling excited about this role! Even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply.
Please note: Geotab does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Geotab employees.
Why job seekers choose Geotab:
Work from home and flex work arrangements
Home office reimbursement program
Baby bonus & parental leave top up program
Online learning and networking opportunities
Electric vehicle purchase incentive program
Competitive medical and dental benefits
Retirement savings program
*The above are offered to full-time permanent employees only
How we work:
At Geotab, we have adopted a flexible first working model in that we have systems, functions, programs and policies in place to support both in-person and virtual work. However, you are welcomed and encouraged to come into our beautiful, safe, clean offices as often as you like. When working from home, you are required to have a reliable internet connection with at least 50mb DL/10mb UL. Virtual work is supported with cloud-based applications, collaboration tools and asynchronous working. The health and safety of employees are a top priority. We encourage work-life balance and keep the Geotab culture going strong with online social events, chat rooms and gatherings. Join us and help reshape the future of technology!
We believe that ensuring diversity is fundamental to our future growth and progress and is an integral part of our business. We believe that success happens where new ideas can flourish – in an environment that is rich in diversity and a place where people from various backgrounds can work together. Geotab encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to accommodating people with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment processes and when people are hired. We will ensure the accessibility needs of employees with disabilities are taken into account as part of performance management, career development, training and redeployment processes. If you require accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information about our diversity and inclusion as well as accommodation policies and practices, please contact us at email@example.com. Click here to learn more about what happens with your personal data.
See more open positions at Geotab
Something looks off?