Sales Operations Specialist
Sales & Business Development, Operations
Oakville, ON, Canada
Posted on Wednesday, May 24, 2023
Who we are:
Geotab ® is a global leader in IoT and connected transportation and certified “Great Place to Work™.” We are a company of diverse and talented individuals who work together to help businesses grow and succeed, and increase the safety and sustainability of our communities.
Geotab is advancing security, connecting commercial vehicles to the internet and providing web-based analytics to help customers better manage their fleets. Geotab’s open platform and Geotab Marketplace ®, offering hundreds of third-party solution options, allows both small and large businesses to automate operations by integrating vehicle data with their other data assets. Processing billions of data points a day, Geotab leverages data analytics and machine learning to improve productivity, optimize fleets through the reduction of fuel consumption, enhance driver safety and achieve strong compliance to regulatory changes.
Our team is growing and we’re looking for people who follow their passion, think differently and want to make an impact. Ours is a fast paced, ever changing environment. Geotabbers accept that challenge and are willing to take on new tasks and activities - ones that may not always be described in the initial job description. Join us for a fulfilling career with opportunities to innovate, great benefits, and our fun and inclusive work culture. Reach your full potential with Geotab. To see what it’s like to be a Geotabber, check out our blog and follow us @InsideGeotab on Instagram. Join our talent network to learn more about job opportunities and company news.
Who you are:
We are always looking for amazing talent who can contribute to our growth and deliver results! Geotab is seeking a Sales Operations Specialist who will be supporting data governance and integrity in Geotab's sales systems. This role will have particular focus managing sales data, performing data validation and cleansing to ensure quality of data. If you love technology, and are keen to join an industry leader — we would love to hear from you!
What you’ll do:
As a Sales Operations Specialist your key area of responsibility will be developing procedures related to the data governance processes and activities. You will also be responsible to align data cleansing activities, including but not limited to, account and contact updates in line with our Data Retention Policies and GDPR requirements. You will need to create reports and dashboards needed by global sales to support partners and align to best practices. You will need to work closely with Geotab’s Sales, Marketing and Data & Analysis teams, as well as communicate with external partners. To be successful in this role you will be a self-starter with with strong written and verbal communication skills, and strong analytical skills. In addition, the successful candidate will have an understanding of the sales process and reporting.
This role is open to either Oakville, ON or Waterloo, ON office.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Develop procedures related to the data governance processes and activities.
- Align data cleansing activities, including but not limited to, account and contact updates in line with our Data Retention Policies and GDPR requirements.
- Daily governance for territory management, account and opportunity enrichment and Geotab’s internal systems data.
- Creation of reports and dashboards needed by global sales to support partners and align to best practices.
- Support the effectiveness of partners and partner sales activities.
- Manage account and member setup in the Partner Relationship Management tool.
- Support partners using our partner sales tools and act as the subject matter expert for partner sales tools.
- Partner account and contact data governance to ensure correct level of access and information.
- Support Geotab global strategic initiatives.
What you’ll bring to this role:
- 3-5 years of experience in Revenue Operations and Data Governance, or a similar role.
- Experience with Salesforce CRM (Sales Cloud, Partner Relationship Management).
- Comfortable managing spreadsheets, data trends and data lookups.
- Experience working with a channel/partner driven organization is an asset.
- Understanding of the sales process and reporting.
- Experience working within a technical or engineering organization/knowledge of the high-technology industry is an asset.
- Able to work well under pressure and respond to fast changing priorities and deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to problem-solve to well-judged decisions.
- A strong team-player with the ability to engage with all levels of the organization.
- Technical competence using software programs, including, but not limited to, Google Suite for business (Sheets, Docs, Slides).
- Post-Secondary Diploma/Degree specialization in Business, Marketing, Sales or a related field highly valued.
If you got this far, we hope you're feeling excited about this role! Even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply.
Please note: Geotab does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Geotab employees.
Why job seekers choose Geotab:
Work from home and flex work arrangements
Home office reimbursement program
Baby bonus & parental leave top up program
Online learning and networking opportunities
Electric vehicle purchase incentive program
Competitive medical and dental benefits
Retirement savings program
*The above are offered to full-time permanent employees only
How we work:
At Geotab, we have adopted a flexible first working model in that we have systems, functions, programs and policies in place to support both in-person and virtual work. However, you are welcomed and encouraged to come into our beautiful, safe, clean offices as often as you like. When working from home, you are required to have a reliable internet connection with at least 50mb DL/10mb UL. Virtual work is supported with cloud-based applications, collaboration tools and asynchronous working. The health and safety of employees are a top priority. We encourage work-life balance and keep the Geotab culture going strong with online social events, chat rooms and gatherings. Join us and help reshape the future of technology!
We believe that ensuring diversity is fundamental to our future growth and progress and is an integral part of our business. We believe that success happens where new ideas can flourish – in an environment that is rich in diversity and a place where people from various backgrounds can work together. Geotab encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to accommodating people with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment processes and when people are hired. We will ensure the accessibility needs of employees with disabilities are taken into account as part of performance management, career development, training and redeployment processes. If you require accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information about our diversity and inclusion as well as accommodation policies and practices, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Click here to learn more about what happens with your personal data.
See more open positions at Geotab
Something looks off?