Business Development Coordinator, Connected Car - 6 Month Contract (Remote)
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Wednesday, May 24, 2023
Who we are:
Geotab ® is a global leader in IoT and connected transportation and certified “Great Place to Work™.” We are a company of diverse and talented individuals who work together to help businesses grow and succeed, and increase the safety and sustainability of our communities.
Geotab is advancing security, connecting commercial vehicles to the internet and providing web-based analytics to help customers better manage their fleets. Geotab’s open platform and Geotab Marketplace ®, offering hundreds of third-party solution options, allows both small and large businesses to automate operations by integrating vehicle data with their other data assets. Processing billions of data points a day, Geotab leverages data analytics and machine learning to improve productivity, optimize fleets through the reduction of fuel consumption, enhance driver safety and achieve strong compliance to regulatory changes.
Our team is growing and we’re looking for people who follow their passion, think differently and want to make an impact. Ours is a fast paced, ever changing environment. Geotabbers accept that challenge and are willing to take on new tasks and activities - ones that may not always be described in the initial job description. Join us for a fulfilling career with opportunities to innovate, great benefits, and our fun and inclusive work culture. Reach your full potential with Geotab. To see what it’s like to be a Geotabber, check out our blog and follow us @InsideGeotab on Instagram. Join our talent network to learn more about job opportunities and company news.
Who you are:
We are always looking for amazing talent who can contribute to our growth and deliver results! Geotab is seeking a Business Development Coordinator who will lead the effort in validating OEM VIN requests for OEM Connected Car partners in efforts to assist the Connected Car team and support partners. If you love technology, and are keen to join an industry leader — we would love to hear from you!
What you’ll do:
As a Business Development Coordinator you will assist with pending enrollments and reporting, coordinate with team members for the aggregation of sales and training materials, and work closely with the PAMs and Resellers/Partners to drive OEM adoption. You will need to work closely with the Connected Car extended team, Geotab Sales Channels (PAMs and Sales Specialists), Solution Engineering, Resellers/Partners, and our OEM Connected Car Partners.
To be successful in this role you will be detail oriented with the ability to multitask, and have strong written communication skills. In addition, the successful candidate will have strong analytical skills, and be proficient with Google Sheets/Microsoft Excel.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Lead and manage OEM VIN validation requests.
- Assist with Pending Enrollments and Reporting.
- Prepare end of month reports.
- Support ticket escalations.
- Coordinate with prospective OEM partners and Geotab's Business Development Managers to manage in collaboration with Product Operations and Product Marketing, all aspects of team needs in relation to integrating OEM partner products with the Geotab platform.
- Coordinate and plan monthly Connected Car SME Meetings - build out content, organize topics, invite participants, build out contests.
- Coordinate with operations and marketing to confirm launch schedules and to stay on track for product and feature release.
- Coordinate the development of new marketing materials when necessary in collaboration with other team members. Continue to update and maintain documents.
- Coordinate with team members for the aggregation of sales and training materials to be provided to internal stakeholders, resellers and end customers communicating the business problems that are solved by the OEM partner's solution.
- Evaluate ongoing sales success of OEM partner's participation with Geotab, and help develop recommendations for improving this success.
- Work closely with the PAMs and Resellers to drive OEM adoption.
- Ensure activity in SFDC with OEM opportunities, work with PAM’s and Bus. Dev. teams to ensure these are tracked and reports available.
- Assist in maintaining OEM team wiki for updates and links to new presentations, promotions, marketing material and more.
What you’ll bring to this role:
- 0-2 years of experience working within a technical or engineering organization/knowledge of the high-technology industry.
- Ability to understand customer business needs.
- High accuracy and meticulous attention to detail.
- Excellent proofreading abilities.
- Able to work well under pressure and respond to fast changing priorities and deadlines.
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal relationship building skills.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to problem solve to well-judged decisions.
- A strong team-player with the ability to engage with all levels of the organization.
- Technical competence using software programs, including, but not limited to, Google Suite for business (Sheets, Docs, Slides).
- Entrepreneurial mindset and comfortable in a flat organization.
- Post-Secondary Diploma/Degree or equivalent experience.
If you got this far, we hope you're feeling excited about this role! Even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply.
Please note: Geotab does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Geotab employees.
Why job seekers choose Geotab:
Work from home and flex work arrangements
Home office reimbursement program
Online learning and networking opportunities
Electric vehicle purchase incentive program
Full medical benefits & 4% 401k company matching RSP
*The above are offered to full-time permanent employees only
How we work:
At Geotab, we have adopted a flexible first working model in that we have systems, functions, programs and policies in place to support both in-person and virtual work. However, you are welcomed and encouraged to come into our beautiful, safe, clean offices as often as you like. When working from home, you are required to have a reliable internet connection with at least 50mb DL/10mb UL. Virtual work is supported with cloud-based applications, collaboration tools and asynchronous working. The health and safety of employees are a top priority. We encourage work-life balance and keep the Geotab culture going strong with online social events, chat rooms and gatherings. Join us and help reshape the future of technology!
Geotab verifies candidates' eligibility to work in the United States through E-Verify, an internet-based system operated by U.S. Citizen and Immigration Services.
Other employment statements:
Geotab will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.
Geotab provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Geotab complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Geotab expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Geotab's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge. If you would like more information about our EEO program or wish to file a complaint, please contact our EEO officer, Alex Cocq at HRCompliance@geotab.com. For more details, view a copy of the EEOC's Know Your Rights poster. Click here to learn more about what happens with your personal data.
See more open positions at Geotab
Something looks off?