Full Stack Engineer
Full Stack Software Engineer, Gaia AI
Contact email@example.com with your resume and why you are interested
We are currently building our platform team and hiring for a full-time, in-person full-stack engineer with the ambition to help get things done. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to apply their skills towards fighting climate change, wants to experience the high-pace, high-ownership setting of an early startup, and can start onboarding in the next few weeks.
Climate change is one of the most meaningful challenges of our generation, and every possible solution put forward by the United Nations IPCC requires scaled carbon sequestration. Forests are critical for this reason, but a lack of trust is holding back the market for forest-based carbon credits. We are an MIT climatetech startup applying autonomous vehicle technology to solve this problem, utilizing cutting edge sensors and perception AI to verify forest-based carbon credits with great accuracy and confidence.
At Gaia AI, we strive to grow each employee to their full unique potential and we value and celebrate each person as they are. We are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. These values make us all more insightful and effective. Gaia AI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or any other distinction unrelated to job performance. We especially encourage applications from minorities, women, people with disabilities, protected veterans, and all other qualified candidates.
We are looking for a full-stack software engineer who excels at designing and implementing complex software systems. Responsibilities can range from implementing data pipelines between our robotics algorithms and our platform, to working on our ipad app, to implementing the latest features foresters have asked for in our web app. This is an amazing opportunity to join a well-positioned, ambitious technology startup making a large impact fighting climate change.
To be successful in this role, you should have an open mind and be familiar with a wide variety of software technologies. If you like being a polyglot in the tech world, we would love to talk with you!
Responsibilities (may include)
- Collaborate with stakeholders to define the scope and scale of software projects
- Design, implement, and integrate web and mobile applications, API endpoints, and databases
- Deploy containerized software to AWS
- Develop and maintain internal software tools
- Identify/fix performance and efficiency bottlenecks
- Write clear technical documentation
- Experience with Typescript, React, Node.js, NoSQL, and other front-end/back-end web development tools and frameworks
- Experience collaborating with Git and pull requests
- Ability to learn new tools and frameworks quickly
- Team spirit; strong communication and collaboration skills
- Good time-management skills
To apply, please email Peter McHale at firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and why you are interested in the role.
Something looks off?