Senior Data Scientist
At FourKites we have the opportunity to tackle complex challenges with real-world impacts. Whether it’s medical supplies from Cardinal Health or groceries for Walmart, the FourKites platform helps customers operate global supply chains that are efficient, agile and sustainable.
Join a team of curious problem solvers that celebrates differences, leads with empathy and values inclusivity.
As a Senior Data Scientist at Fourkites, you will work with a team of data scientists and engineers with a very broad range of technical skills. You will explore opportunities for using advanced analytics and machine learning to solve the most challenging problems in supply chain visibility. You will also have the opportunity to build scalable AI driven products which are sometimes first in class and help solve key customer pain points in their supply chain operations. Using billions of historic data points in the FourKites’ Big data platform from across different geographies and transportation modes you will be responsible for solving some of the most robust and scalable machine learning problems.
What you’ll be doing:
- Be a technical thought leader in collaboration with engineering and product leadership, helping to set the strategy and standards for developing Machine Learning and analytics-driven products at Fourkites
- Good knowledge on advanced statistical, machine learning, and artificial intelligence methodologies
- Design, develop, test, deploy and maintain machine-learning algorithms on data sets that can range from a few data points to billions
- Design, Build and Deploy Machine Learning services and integrate them with other key microservices within the organization
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience
- 5 years of software development experience, or 3 years with an advanced degree
- Experience in applied Machine Learning / Artificial Intelligence
- Experience with one or more general purpose programming languages including but not limited to: Python, Java, or C/C++
- Good in Algorithms and Data Structures
- Hands on knowledge working with different databases (SQL/NoSQL etc.)
- Hands on experience on Machine Learning and Data Modelling applications
- Strong problem-solving skills and logical thinking
- Strong communication and data presentation skills
- Master's or PhD degree in Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, or related technical field
- Good hands-on experience in Deep Learning frameworks like TensorFlow, PyTorch, etc.
- The ideal candidate must have expertise in developing products based on Artificial Intelligence (including Deep Learning algorithms), Machine Learning in NLP/Computer Vision
- Experience in building and deploying Machine Learning models in production environments
- Experience with tools in the distributed computing, GPU, cloud platforms and Big Data domains is a plus (e.g. Hadoop, Spark, AWS, GCP, MS Azure)
- Experience in working with Geospatial data is a plus
Who we are:
FourKites® is the #1 supply chain visibility platform in the world, extending visibility beyond transportation into yards, warehouses, stores and beyond. Tracking more than 2.5 million shipments daily across road, rail, ocean, air, parcel and courier, and reaching over 185 countries, FourKites combines real-time data and powerful machine learning to help companies digitize their end-to-end supply chains. More than 1,000 of the world’s most recognized brands — including 9 of the top-10 CPG and 18 of the top-20 food and beverage companies — trust FourKites to transform their business and create more agile, efficient and sustainable supply chains.
FourKites provides competitive compensation with stock options, outstanding benefits and a collaborative culture for all employees around the globe. To help you be your best, we have 5 global recharge days, in addition to standard holidays, and a hybrid, flexible approach to work. Parental leave for all parents, an annual wellness stipend and volunteer days also provide you with time and resources for self care and to care for others. Throughout the year, FourKites sets aside time during the workday to learn and celebrate diversity. And we're always listening for new ways to support everyone in and out of the office.
- Medical benefits start on first day of employment
- 36 PTO days( Sick, Casual and Earned) , 5 recharge days, 2 volunteer days
- Home Office setups and Technology reimbursement
- Lifestyle & Family benefits
- Annual Swags/ Festive Swags
- Ongoing learning & development opportunities ( Professional development program, Toast Master club etc.)