Software Systems Engineer
FOSSA Systems is a Spanish space engineering company dedicated to the manufacture of satellites to provide cost-effective and secure IoT solutions to companies with assets in remote areas.
What do we do?
FOSSA has verticalized the manufacturing process of satellites, space operations and ground segment services, with an operations and production centre in Madrid together with a global network of satellites in orbit and satellite control stations.
FOSSA is combining technological miniaturization with mass production techniques to launch a network of 80 of these satellites in orbit. FOSSA launches a higher number of distributed satellite constellations at a fraction of the cost of a traditional single satellite. Lower satellite costs and shorter development times allow the use of more cutting-edge technology which is competitive with existing solutions.
Who are we looking for?
FOSSA is actively looking for a Software Systems Engineer to have a global view of all FOSSA software developments. From the complex algorithms running the satellite behaviour on orbit to the different user-friendly applications that allow us to run test on the ground or bring the data to our clients.
As a Software SE you will have global perspective to guarantee technical coherence among all the software pieces comprising the FOSSA architecture.
- Software point of contact for interdepartmental communications
- Software requirements derivation.
- Software work packages creation.
- Software developments tracking and control.
- Validation campaign definition.
- Software coherence assurance.
- Graduate in telecommunications, industrial or electronics engineering.
- 3+ years of experience in embedded software development (STM32, C/C++, Python).
- Knowledge on FullStack development.
- Personal software related projects.
- Independent worker.
- Management skills.
- Full professional proficiency in English.
- Educational MSc level.
- Experienced on space or aeronautical sectors.
- At FOSSA we are committed to flexibility, we have flexible hours, and we offer the possibility of enjoying Friday afternoon off.
- We offer competitive salaries, along with a package of social benefits and the possibility of accessing services through flexible remuneration.
- How does 27 days of vacation sound? That's right, we offer 27 working days of vacation per year.
- We prioritize face-to-face work, but we have a very attractive telecommuting policy.
FOSSA is a fast growing, revolutionary and dynamic company that works every day to find the latest technology on the market and make wonderful and functional things with it.
We trust each and every one of our employees and give them the space to contribute ideas, to grow, to investigate, to try and learn from their mistakes.
We are a company that believes in equal opportunities, all applications will be considered and no discrimination for any reason will be tolerated.
Location: Madrid, Metropolitan area.