Technical Paid Internship
FOSSA Systems is a Spanish space engineering company dedicated to the manufacture of satellites to provide cost-effective and secure IoT solutions to companies with assets in remote areas. 🚀🛰
What do we do?
FOSSA has verticalized the manufacturing process of satellites, space operations and ground segment services, with an operations and production centre in Madrid together with a global network of satellites in orbit and satellite control stations.
FOSSA is combining technological miniaturization with mass production techniques to launch a network of 80 of these satellites in orbit. FOSSA launches a higher number of distributed satellite constellations at a fraction of the cost of a traditional single satellite. Lower satellite costs and shorter development times allow the use of more cutting-edge technology which is competitive with existing solutions.
Who are we looking for?
FOSSA is actively looking for students to actively complete their education process within all engineering departments.
From electronics and programming to aerospace and mechanical FOSSA verticalized structure will allow interns to maximize their learning experience and allowing them to provide real value on every segment of the company value chain.
FOSSA actively provides to their interns the possibility of developing final master and bachelor thesis.
You will be assigned different tasks according with your experience, education and preference.
- Space mission design.
- Satellite operations support.
- Ground segment infrastructure support.
- Electronics lab. testing support.
- PCB design and routing.
- PCB assembly.
- Environmental testing support.
- CAD design.
- Mechanical Assembly.
- RF lab. testing support.
- FullStack development of internal testing applications.
- Embedded programming.
- Technical documentation preparation.
- Engineering organizational support.
- Engineering degree in Telecommunications, Electronics, Mechanical, Industrial, Aerospace or similar.
- Independent worker and self-learning capabilities.
- Full professional proficiency in English.
- Educational MSc level.
- Actively involved in student technical associations.
- Development of technical personal projects.
- At FOSSA we are committed to flexibility, we have flexible hours.
- We prioritize face-to-face work, but we have a very attractive telecommuting policy.
FOSSA is a fast growing, revolutionary and dynamic company that works every day to find the latest technology on the market and make wonderful and functional things with it.
We trust each and every one of our employees and give them the space to contribute ideas, to grow, to investigate, to try and learn from their mistakes.
We are a company that believes in equal opportunities, all applications will be considered and no discrimination for any reason will be tolerated.
Location: Madrid, Metropolitan area.