IT Support Engineer
Build the programs to help Flexport grow
Flexport is looking for an IT Support Engineer who is passionate about providing an amazing customer experience while delivering outstanding technical support to Flexport employees. Our team works cross-functionally with our partners in IT TechOps, Security, People Ops, Workplace and other teams to coordinate work, handle ticket escalations, and resolve issues. We onboard new employees, provision new hardware, provide hands-on support and adhere to security standards for all Flexport employees globally. Ultimately we are responsible for supporting Flexport enterprise technology around the world, in over 12 offices in 6 different countries.
- Assist Flexport employees via in-person walk-up, support ticket, email, or chat as needed.
- Document support and operations processes.
- Passionate about technology, have an excellent background in macOS, WindowsOS, software, hardware, network, troubleshooting, and are hungry to learn/grow in an Enterprise IT environment.
- Maintain accurate Asset Management records.
- Assist project task execution to improve systems and operations.
- Assist creation and update of knowledge base articles
- Willingness to travel to Flexport offices around the world (approx. 20% will be required).
You should have:
- Strong service-oriented mentality is a must. Excellent communication/interpersonal skills, ability and willingness to learn and cross train with other IT team members required.
- Experience in providing technical support in an Enterprise environment and a love for solving problems with a high level of professionalism and passion for customer service.
- Comfort in working with and supporting all levels of an organization, up to and including company executives.
- Enthusiasm and desire to learn and continuously develop your technical skills with an appreciation of the details, including maintaining and updating IT documentation and procedures.
- Experience in documenting the status of cases and providing updates to customers, the global IT team, and leadership, with an understanding of the importance of inventory management, the asset lifecycle, and how to maintain an organized help desk.
- Willingness to be a part of both a global and local team and a love of standardization and an understanding that consistency and adherence to best practices will help any organization scale.
You will need:
- Experience in supporting computer issues
- Strong customer service, problem-solving, and teamwork abilities.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Basic Technical knowledge of macOS, Windows 10/11 and Network fundamentals.
- A positive, service-oriented attitude, needs to be a problem solver.
- Ability to participate in an on-call rotation that includes after-hours and weekend support.
- Organizational skills both physically and logically
- Some heavy lifting required.
Something looks off?