First Mode is a carbon reduction company developing creative, clean energy solutions for heavy industry’s toughest problems.
We hope you’ll join us in building a brighter future for people and planet.
First Mode Is seeking a Electrical Technician within the manufacturing team and will be responsible for the safe installation of all test equipment, including power supply and distribution, cable assemblies, test equipment and electrical devices. The successful candidate will work closely with the engineering team in this dynamic test environment, so this opportunity best suits someone that is comfortable working from high level requirements.
- Support the electrical test environment. Provide input into planning for test and development exercises, including procurement of tools, parts and equipment and subsequent inventory management
- Assemble electrical systems within the test and development environment, including fabrication of wiring harnesses and junction boxes and connection of electrical equipment for use by the engineering team
- Testing and troubleshooting of assembled electrical systems, working closely with the engineering team to perform fault discovery and analysis
- Manage and coordinate with commercial electricians and/or contractors in facility upgrades and modifications
- Experience working with electrical machines, including motors, motor controllers, generators and Batteries
- Experience working with DC systems, including rectifiers and battery systems
- Experience in fabrication and assembly of electrical systems, including switchboards, terminal boxes and cable assemblies
- Ability to read electrical technical documentation, including single line diagrams, electrical schematics and equipment data sheets
- Experience working with electrical test equipment to troubleshoot electrical systems
- Ability to work independently within a dynamic test and development environment, often working from high level requirements
- Experience working on electric vehicles, hybrid vehicles and associated electric drivetrains including Battery systems
- Assembly of electronics, including soldering, testing and re-working printed circuit boards and attached components
- WA Electrical licence
- Completion of the following modules of the Electrical Contractor Training Program (or prepared to undergo training)
- Operation (Electrical) Legislative Requirements
- CPR LVR or prepared to undergo training
- First Aid or prepared to undergo training
- White card or prepared to undergo training
- Valid Driver's licence
- This position will be located at First Mode’s office in Perth, WA
- Applicants must be eligible for employment within Australia
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive compensation and bonus structure
- Paid-for private health insurance (hospital & benefits)
- 12 week paid parental leave for all parents both secondary and primary carers
- A culture that encourages professional growth with learning and development reimbursements
- Open and collaborative workspaces with free office snacks and lunches
- Hybrid work model
First Mode is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with First Mode is governed on the basis of merit, competence, and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Something looks off?