First Mode is a carbon reduction company developing creative, clean energy solutions for heavy industry’s toughest problems.
We hope you’ll join us in building a brighter future for people and planet.
First Mode is always looking for rare and unique talent capable of working these problems within a constrained, fast-paced environment. Applicants from all industries or backgrounds are welcome.
First Mode is seeking a talented Contracts Professional focused on pre and post-award contract management overseeing the contracts between First Mode and our customers. The Contracts Professional will support the Programs team in the execution and tracking of contracts from inception through closeout. This role requires engagement with a wide range of internal stakeholders including project managers, finance & accounting, pricing & strategy, and legal counsel as well as engagement with the customers’ contracts teams. The right candidate will be able to quickly understand the First Mode needs and implement a structured contract management process to set First Mode up for success going forward.
- Developing and implementing contracting strategies and plans to achieve the program goals. Partnering with a range of internal stakeholders to ensure close alignment between the contracting strategies and the needs of the programs.
- Support the contract change management process across the program, assessing contractual obligations and supporting the negotiation of cost / schedule impact in compliance with the contract terms.
- Manage contract negotiations and dispute resolution drawing on the support available from internal stakeholders and our legal team.
- Maintain contract records/files and manage, track, and ensure adherence to all contractual obligations.
- Develop the company’s processes and procedures for contract management.
- Occasionally communicate with customers, team members, and vendors across the world.
- Experience in all phases of the contract management lifecycle from inception through closeout.
- Accountability and ownership traits with strong teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Comfortable managing, organizing, and prioritizing multiple tasks and assignments simultaneously with keen attention to detail.
- Commitment to developing, maintaining, and continuously improving a set of processes and tools for the management of First Mode’s contracts with customers.
- Ability to write and speak clearly about contract strategies that best match the varying work First Mode performs to communicate effectively with customers, company executives, and other stakeholders.
- A knack for creative thinking for how contracts can be structured to best support the required work.
- Must be willing to travel within the United States and internationally to represent First Mode to its customers, vendors, and partners (COVID-19 permitting)
- This position will be located at First Mode’s headquarters in Seattle, WA and will be required to work in office >60% of working hours
Base Salary Range: $150,450 - $190,250
Benefits & Perks
- Annual bonus incentive
- Equity-based awards
- 100% employer-paid health insurance (medical, dental, vision)
- 401(k) retirement account with a 3% employer contribution from the start of employment
- Flexible PTO with 12 weeks of supplementary paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits (parking & public transportation)
- A culture that encourages professional growth with learning and development reimbursements
- Open and collaborative workspace with free office snacks and lunches
- Hybrid work model
First Mode is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with First Mode is governed on the basis of merit, competence, and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Something looks off?