First Mode is a carbon reduction company developing creative, clean energy solutions for heavy industry’s toughest problems.
We hope you’ll join us in building a brighter future for people and planet.
First Mode is always looking for rare and unique talent capable of working these problems within a constrained, fast-paced environment. Applicants from all industries or backgrounds are welcome.
We are seeking an experienced Project Manager (PM) who is keen to make an impact and establish First Mode as a global leader to solve some of the most dire and pressing problems for people and planet. The ideal candidate can masterfully inject project management principles into the engineering practice of concurrent program and product development. The candidate should be comfortable within nuanced technical discussions as well as have the discretion to tactfully message that information to clients, project, and executive leadership. A solid foundation in the project management discipline as well as the curiosity and creativity to adapt traditional practices into a novel and expeditious application will enable success in this role.
- Leads the planning and day-to-day execution of a program together with the Engineering Lead to deliver program work packages and products, enabling the transition from early customer engagements to operational integration of the First Mode products.
- Applies project management principles and best practices to complex technical problems as an integral contributor to the program team.
- Creates and maintains project management plans based on company best practices.
- Forecasts, manages, and statuses milestones and activities across the set of workstreams within the program.
- Closely identifies, monitors, and reports financial data, workload capacity, performance to plan, risks, cost, and other key metrics for program execution.
- Tracks action items, burn down lists, co-leading and scheduling team meetings, as well as communicates priorities and status to leadership and team members.
- Communicates with customers, team members, and vendors via videoconference across the globe.
- Develop, maintain, and continuously improve a set of processes and tools to enable the efficient management of each program.
- Experience in planning, implementing, and updating project plans, including budgets and schedules, risks, and tracking performance to plan.
- Ability to write and speak clearly about technical and programmatic subject matter to communicate effectively with customers, company executives, and subject matter experts.
- Commitment to meeting deadlines, sustaining high-quality outputs, and employing a meticulous approach to project documentation.
- Experience managing projects through a complete project lifecycle (initiating, planning, executing, monitoring & controlling, and closeout).
- Accountability and ownership traits with strong teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- A knack for thinking about how the parts of a system and project work together.
- Flexibility and responsiveness in a fast-paced, dynamic, team environment.
- Must be willing to travel within the United States and internationally to represent First Mode to its customers, vendors, and partners (COVID-19 permitting)
- This position will be located at First Mode’s headquarters in Seattle, WA and will be required to work in office >60% of working hours
Base Salary Range: $150,450 - $190,250
Benefits & Perks
- Annual bonus incentive
- Equity-based awards
- 100% employer-paid health insurance (medical, dental, vision)
- 401(k) retirement account with a 3% employer contribution from the start of employment
- Flexible PTO with 12 weeks of supplementary paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits (parking & public transportation)
- A culture that encourages professional growth with learning and development reimbursements
- Open and collaborative workspace with free office snacks and lunches
- Hybrid work model
First Mode is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with First Mode is governed on the basis of merit, competence, and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Something looks off?