Composite Technician (1st Shift)
ABOUT FIREFLY AEROSPACE
As an end-to-end space transportation company, Firefly Aerospace is on a mission to enable our world to launch, land, and operate in space – anywhere, anytime. Our launch vehicles, lunar landers, and orbital vehicles provide government and commercial customers with full mission services from low Earth orbit to the surface of the Moon and beyond. Headquartered in north Austin, Texas, Firefly is looking for passionate, hardworking innovators to join our team and help fuel our successful trajectory into space.
Come help us build Rockets! Entry level positions available. Location is in at our Production & Test Site in Briggs, TX, north of Cedar Park. Composite technicians manufacture all production and development primary structures, tanks and secondary structures from raw fiber through delivery to the integration line. The Alpha vehicle is the only American all-composite rocket and composites will fundamentally set Firefly above the competitors. As a core strength, we seek composite technicians with a diverse knowledge base along the entire manufacturing line. Current openings are for both first and second shift.
Full training is provided. If you have a passion for learning, strong attention to detail, and the idea of building rockets excites you - then we encourage you to apply.
Perform all the steps in making aerospace grade composite parts, including but not limited to:
- Cut carbon using hand tools to high tolerance
- Perform bonding operations (abrade, clean, prep adhesives, etc)
- Hand lamination of various materials including (carbon, glass, Kevlar, film adhesives and foam or metallic cores)
- Perform full vacuum bag cure cycles from running instrumentation, debulking through monitoring oven runs
- Cure materials per mfr spec
- Material handling pursuant to AS9100
- Support con-ops and tooling design meetings for future products
- Improve composite operations and product designs with engineering
- Constantly improve the fabrication operations and drive efficiency projects from the ground up
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude
- Attention to detail
- Meticulous craftsmanship
- Demonstrated ability to drill and lay out precision holes
- Proficient use of Pneumatic tools, hand tools, Power tools, and Precision measurement instruments
- Familiarity working with and conforming to drilling, laminating, and assembly prints
- Experience working with material data sheets
- Shop organization and cleanliness
- Use of personal protective equipment
Firefly offers outstanding benefits for our employees, including generous health, dental and vision plans with low plan deductibles, parental leave, educational reimbursement, short term disability, pet Insurance, and flexible PTO options.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Firefly Aerospace, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Firefly is governed based on merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.