ABOUT FIREFLY AEROSPACE
As an end-to-end space transportation company, Firefly Aerospace is on a mission to enable our world to launch, land, and operate in space – anywhere, anytime. Our launch vehicles, lunar landers, and orbital vehicles provide government and commercial customers with full mission services from low Earth orbit to the surface of the Moon and beyond. Headquartered in north Austin, Texas, Firefly is looking for passionate, hardworking innovators to join our team and help fuel our successful trajectory into space.
Join our dynamic team of highly skilled machinist with a combined experience of over 300 years of machining who will mentor you to manufacture cutting edge components with the latest tools available in the industry. Learn to manufacture complex geometry rocket engine components made from high temp alloys and be trained on sophisticated machining process’s as well as cutting edge machinery. We pride ourselves on cross training all machinist on every piece of machinery we have.
This role is located at our rocket production facility in Briggs, TX, north of Cedar Park.
We operate 2 shifts:
- 1st shift 6:00 am - 4:00 pm
- 2nd Shift 4:00 pm - 2:30 am
- Machine high quality parts
- Read and follow technical drawings and diagrammed instructions
- Inspect and document one’s own manufactured parts
- Check machinery is in good working order before shift
- Perform machine set ups for part manufacturing
- Perform edits as needed
- Perform all necessary machine maintenance for operation and use equipment properly
- Abide by all safety standards at all times
- Report any safety or maintenance concerns to management immediately
- Keep all work areas clean and organized
- Hold oneself to a high standard of quality, taking pride in one’s work
- Be available to work 2nd shift and for overtime as needed
- 2+ years experience as a CNC Machinist or Associates Degree in Machining Technology
- Passion to build Spacecraft and Rocket components.
- Must be able to pass background check and drug screening
- Able to perform physically demanding work—standing, bending, lifting 25 lbs. regularly
- Positive attitude, reliable, and a team player
- Good communication skills, written and verbal
- Good math skills
- Solid computer skills
- Mazak experience
- Multi axis machine experience
- Mill/Turn experience
- DMG-MORI CELOS experience
Firefly offers outstanding benefits for our employees, including generous health, dental and vision plans with low plan deductibles, parental leave, educational reimbursement, short term disability, pet Insurance, and flexible PTO options.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Firefly Aerospace, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Firefly is governed based on merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.