Sr. Business Intelligence Analyst (Full Time)
At Favor, we’re doing more than providing consumers with the best on-demand delivery experience. We’re building a community of Runners (that’s what we call Favor delivery drivers), customers, and local businesses. Our Planning & Analysis team advocates for our diverse users and business, finding creative ways to serve them both. We’re looking for a Sr. Business Intelligence Analyst to help Favor grow to become a household name in Texas.
As a Sr. Business Intelligence Analyst on Favor’s Business Analytics team, you treat data as a product with real return on investment. You recognize the potential of Favor’s raw data to be transformed, processed, and packaged for data-driven decision making in accessible and intuitive dashboards. With others on the Data team and the Analytics Process Manager, your strategic thinking helps Favor build a balanced data and analytics strategy that avoids the chaos and confusion of the data wild west and roots out overly complex data visualization and analytics solutions. In collaboration with the Data and Business Analytics teams, you strive to make Favor data simple and accessible for business users at all levels.
What you’ll do:
- Work with cross-functional teams such as Planning & Analysis (P&A), Marketing, Operations, Support, Product, and Engineering teams to understand the problem set and build the best possible dashboards and data solutions iteratively
- Motivate a team to move in unison to solve shared business intelligence problems
- Oversee and optimize the end-to-end business intelligence process, ensuring efficient and effective data analysis, reporting, and insights generation
- Define, track, and provide regular reporting on key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure the effectiveness, efficiency, and quality of the business intelligence process, team business intelligence tool adoption, and internal satisfaction scores
- Collaborate with product owners and stakeholders to document more complex business processes and detailed requirements for Analytics Engineers, Data Engineers, and Business Analysts
- Develop an understanding of project vision in collaboration with the Business Analytics team and stakeholders, assisting in coordinating efforts with a cross-functional team
- Assist product owners in building out project roadmaps
- Serve as data subject matter expert in specific subject area(s)
- Map business process to systems and data to support visualization
- Collaborate with the Analytics Solutions Manager, Analytics Engineers, and Data Engineers to translate product into solution
- Explore and profile new data sets to understand scenarios and anomalies
- Accesses/organize data; build out analyses to propose solutions for business problems
- Create reports and visualization as part of data exploration and analysis
- Perform and lead quality assurance/user acceptance testing forthe Analytics Reporting Manager and Analytics Engineering team
- Provide and lead ongoing training and support for production dashboards and data sources
- Administer Tableau Clouds
- Develop business intelligence governance strategy, organize projects, set permissions, and drive adoption
Skills you have:
- A bachelor's or master's degree in a relevant field, such as data science, analytics, business analytics
- 6+ years of hands-on experience in data analysis, business intelligence report development, and insights generation
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to extract, explore, and profile data in order to translate complex data into actionable insights.
- Comprehensive structured query language (SQL) knowledge and proficiency in data analysis tools like Python or R
- Extensive experience with business intelligence and visualization tools for creating advanced, impactful and insightful visualizations (particularly Tableau and Looker)
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams and stakeholders at all levels
- Strong project management skills with the demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks in a dynamic and fast-paced environment, effectively adapting to evolving priorities to achieve shared objectives
- Exceptional stakeholder management and requirement-gathering skills, ensuring alignment between technical solutions and business needs
- Proficiency with DBT for data modeling, transformation, and documentation
- Experience with data warehousing and analytics (including Snowflake, Redshift, Databricks, or Big Query)
- Working knowledge of JIRA or similar tools for project management and documentation
- Comfort facilitating conversations between engineers, data analysts, business analysts, and executives
- Knowledge of data governance principles, data privacy regulations, compliance requirements, and data quality management is desirable
Who you are:
- You have a passion for data and a deep understanding of the value it can bring to the business.
- You demonstrate a strong sense of ownership, accountability, and persistence in taking responsibility for tasks and ensuring their completion.
- You exhibit tenacity in adhering to principles and processes, maintaining a steadfast approach to achieve goals.
- You thrive while leading in a fast-paced, regularly changing environment. You turn chaos into order, and you love doing it. People look to you for guidance in times of turmoil.
- You are most comfortable when there’s too much to do. You aren’t easily overwhelmed and you prioritize tasks naturally. You’re not afraid to focus on one thing at a time when it’s needed.
- You have high dynamic range. You have the ability to see the big picture but are comfortable diving deep into the details. You are not above rolling up your sleeves and doing the grunt work.
- You love great products. You are excited by thoughtful design and you appreciate attention to detail and fine craft.
- You are confident but humble. You’re able to make decisions with the wisdom to change course as soon as needed.