Staff Accountant (Accounting) (Full Time)
Accounting & Finance
Austin, TX, USA
Posted on Friday, May 26, 2023
Favor is looking for a detail-oriented, roll-up-your-sleeves, high-energy Staff Accountant who has a passion for working at a high-growth company and wants to make a positive impact on the company’s operations. This role encompasses a broad set of responsibilities and is an excellent opportunity to gain hands-on experience across a variety of accounting activities. This is a hybrid role based in Austin, Texas.
What you'll do:
- Own the Accounts Payable (AP) process, including managing the AP inbox, onboarding vendors, entering invoices, and reviewing expense reports
- Collaborate with the Legal team to review contracts for billing terms and the sales and use tax treatment for invoices
- Oversee daily cash activity and reconcile bank accounts
- Assist with Accounts Receivable (AR) activities, which may include preparing weekly AR aging, writing off balances, preparing credit memos, and submitting balances to a collections agency
- Provide support for monthly close processes, including preparing journal entries and reconciling accounts
- Contribute to process improvements and automation opportunities
- Prepare reporting and other ad hoc requests
Skills you have:
- A bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 3+ years progressive accounting experience, including AP and contract review experience
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills (including pivot tables, lookups, and clear presentation of data)
- Experience with Bill.com and QuickBooks Online is a plus
Who you are:
- You have a strong, consistent work ethic with keen attention to detail and the ability to focus on the big picture
- You have the ability to multitask and work well in a dynamic environment
- You possess a high level of intellectual curiosity and apply feedback consistently to your work product
- You have a solid foundation of accounting concepts, research, and application of accounting standards in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- You are a proactive, confident, and tactful communicator across all levels of the company
- You are a self-starter with the ability to work independently and effectively in a team environment
- You have the ability to analyze and implement continuous process improvements
Life at Favor:
Benefits: We offer premium health, vision, dental, and life insurance, alongside 401(k) options. We go beyond the basics, while also throwing in Favor delivery fee credit and H-E-B discounts!
Paid time off (PTO): We offer unlimited PTO for salaried employees (that’s actually unlimited) and ample vacation time to all team members.
Learning and development: We encourage personal growth and education through Intern(al)ships and Learning Labs taught by Favor team members and external facilitators.
Community: Whether you’re an avid cyclist, dog lover, or Magic enthusiast, there’s a group for you here. We foster community through Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), quarterly company-wide events, weekly happy hours, and regular connection opportunities.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion: At Favor, we believe that to be the best delivery app in Texas, we need to represent all Texans. We are committed to growing a team with different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives, and we are an equal opportunity employer.
Flexible work options:
We have team members spread across Texas and beyond - some work from the office, some from home, and some a mix of both! We believe in fostering an inclusive and flexible work environment that supports our diverse workforce.
At this time, we are not able to support employment in the following states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Illinois, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, Rhode Island, Vermont, and Washington. If you are located in one of these states but are open to relocation, we welcome your application!
View More Career Opportunities
See more open positions at Favor
Something looks off?