Antenna & Transmission Engineer M/F
Connect with Eutelsat Group
Be part of a new era in communications, transforming connectivity with Eutelsat Group – the world’s first GEO-LEO integrated global satellite operator.
As a global leader in satellite communications, we provide infinite connectivity, broadcasting television channels and packages, transmitting news reports, provide wholesale broadband Internet access services.
With Eutelsat Group You’ll Get To:
- Pioneer the future of Space Technology
- Bring connectivity to remote frontiers
- Collaborate with customer-centric experts
- Embrace cultural diversity in our global team
Where your skills ignite opportunities & you will elevate your skills in a stretching, rewarding, and meaningful environment. At Eutelsat Group, we’re united by inclusion and diversity, striving for gender balance and social responsibility, on Earth and in Space.
Who You Are
Take part in an international project to connect the world as Antenna & Transmission Engineer in our Technical Department, more precisely in the Ground and User Terminal (GAUT) Team.
Eutelsat develops video and connectivity services, deploying innovative satellite communication technologies and related telecommunications infrastructure. In the context of these activities, the user terminal plays a fundamental role to assure high quality of service and high performance in terms of availability. In this position you will facilitate the selection of the most adapted user terminal for each service proposed in the Eutelsat portfolio.
What You''ll Do
- Analyze and validate the antennas that will be used on Eutelsat satellites (GW & user terminals)
- Integration of the end user antennas (fix, nomadic or mobile) with the modems used on the Eutelsat services
- Technical specification of the RF components to be used in the end user terminals and their validation
- Identification and analysis of new industry players and new antenna technologies
- Improvement of existing testing methodologies and routines related to the functional terminal validation (part of Eutelsat type approval process).
- Plan and execute tests on the candidate user terminals at Eutelsat Teleport of Rambouillet
- Contribute to increase the service quality by proposing system analysis techniques on the interactions between RF and baseband sub-systems
- Contribute to the definition of performance criteria and requirements at technical level for Eutelsat end-to-end connectivity services
What It Takes
- Master’s degree in Telecommunication Engineering, with good basis in RF and antenna design
- At least 5 years of experience, preferably in the satellite communication industry
- Key competencies:
- Expertise in satellite or more generally radio communications,
- Expertise in digital signal processing and related simulation environment (e.g. Matlab),
- Familiarity with RF measurement equipment, such as the spectrum analyzer and the vectorial network analyzer.
- Experience with antenna design tool (HFSS, CST) is desired
- Understanding of satellite architecture is a plus
- Fluent in English
What We’d Love
- Autonomous, rigorous
- Good communication skills
- Team player
- Positive mindset
Where You''ll Be
- HQ in Issy-Les-Moulineaux 2 day
- Teleport in Rambouillet 1 days
The Eutelsat Group is a global leader in connectivity from Space. We are building a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites with a network of global gateway stations and a range of user terminals to provide an affordable, fast, high-bandwidth and low-latency broadband communications services, connected to the IoT future and a pathway to 5G.