EchoStar Corporation (NASDAQ: SATS) is a premier global provider of satellite communication solutions. Headquartered in Englewood, Colo., and conducting business around the globe, EchoStar is a pioneer in communications technologies through its Hughes Network Systems and EchoStar Satellite Services business segments. For more information, visit echostar.com. Follow @EchoStar on Twitter.
Echostar has an exciting opportunity for a Technical Writer. This position is located at our headquarters in Germantown, MD.
- Plan, develop, organize, write, and edit technical publications including operational, maintenance, or repair manuals for hardware, software, and training
- Conduct interviews with various users and technical staff members to gather data for documentation
- Research, learn, and translate information to present it in a way that is easily understood by users
- Manage updates and revisions of technical documents
- Analyze documents to maintain continuity of style of content
- Create courses in Articulate with voice over
- Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, Education, or related field
- 4+ years of writing experience
- Previous experience with The Chicago Manual of Style and in-house style guide
- Previous experience writing in explanatory and procedural styles for multiple audiences
- Strong attention to details
- Skilled at prioritization and multi-tasking
- A positive attitude, willing to jump in and tackle new challenges
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in MS Office products
- Articulate 360 knowledge a plus
- Audacity audio editing
Will be eligible for discretionary bonus, with funding based on company performance.
EchoStar is committed to offering a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. Our programs are designed to provide you with the ability to customize your benefits to best meet the needs of you and your family. Our philosophy for these programs is to support and encourage healthy living and wellness. Our benefits package covers it all–from healthcare savings plans to education assistance and more!
Financial: 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match; employee stock purchase plan; profit-sharing; company-paid life insurance, AD&D and disability
Work-Life Balance: Paid Time Off (PTO), company-paid holidays, health and wellness events, exercise and sports facilities (locations may vary)
Employee Incentives: Tuition reimbursement, employee referral program, year round employee events and community programs, discounts on Dish Network and HughesNet
Health: Medical, Dental, Vision, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Health Savings Account (HSA) with opportunities to earn employer contributions; Health Care, Dependent Care and Transportation Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
EchoStar and its Affiliated Companies are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. U.S. Persons or those able to obtain and maintain U.S. government security clearances may be required for certain positions. EEO is the law.