Sr Network Management Systems Observability Engineer
EchoStar Corporation (NASDAQ: SATS) is a premier global provider of satellite communication solutions. Headquartered in Englewood, Colo., and conducting business around the globe, EchoStar is a pioneer in communications technologies through its Hughes Network Systems and EchoStar Satellite Services business segments. For more information, visit echostar.com. Follow @EchoStar on Twitter.
EchoStar has an exciting opportunity for a Sr Network Management Systems Observability Engineer in our Hughes Network Systems division. This position will be located onsite at our headquarters in Germantown, MD. This high visibility position requires strong interpersonal skills and be comfortable communicating with all levels of cross-functional teams – network engineering, application development, program management, executive, and end customers.
- Lead the development of our next generation observability platforms
- Drive the effort to fully integrate current and existing ITSM platforms into network service management systems
- Represent divisional Data Governance compliance and strategic data architecture/pipeline planning
- Guide engineering development of support applications to ensure stable long term integrations
- Lead architectural efforts to ensure design for scale is incorporated
- Bachelors degree in computer science, computer engineering or related technical field
- 10 years of relevant work experience
- Previous experience using Zabbix NMS platform including distributed containerized architecture, API integrated device management, and custom monitoring plugins
- Previous experience in network management protocols such as SNMP (including v3) and syslog, as well as modern streaming data methods such as Kafka, MQTT, and Open Telemetry
- Strong understanding of “as-code” design and deployment philosophy such as network-as-code, infrastructure-as-code, and now NMS-as-code
- Excellent problem-solving skills in complex network environments.
- Experience in Telemetry, MQTT. Platforms: ScienceLogic, Zabbix, SMARTS
- Strong Unix administration – Linux (RedHat/CentOS)
- Strong scripting and automation skills – Python, Perl, Shell, Ansible
- Medium cloud build skills – K8s, Docker, Teraforms
- Medium data management skills – Oracle, Postgres, MySQL, GCP Big Query, Elasticsearch, Splunk
Will be eligible for discretionary bonus, with funding based on company performance.
EchoStar is committed to offering a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. Our programs are designed to provide you with the ability to customize your benefits to best meet the needs of you and your family. Our philosophy for these programs is to support and encourage healthy living and wellness. Our benefits package covers it all–from healthcare savings plans to education assistance and more!
Financial: 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match; employee stock purchase plan; profit-sharing; company-paid life insurance, AD&D and disability
Work-Life Balance: Paid Time Off (PTO), company-paid holidays, health and wellness events, exercise and sports facilities (locations may vary)
Employee Incentives: Tuition reimbursement, employee referral program, year round employee events and community programs, discounts on Dish Network and HughesNet
Health: Medical, Dental, Vision, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Health Savings Account (HSA) with opportunities to earn employer contributions; Health Care, Dependent Care and Transportation Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
EchoStar and its Affiliated Companies are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. U.S. Persons or those able to obtain and maintain U.S. government security clearances may be required for certain positions. EEO is the law.